+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer T.V.

FORT Regular

Summer T.V.

What have you been watching so far this summer?

I rented the first season of The Tudors. It's fantastic. I like it almost as much as Rome but it's not as good.

Re: Summer T.V.

Rome is a fantastic show. I've very sad the season and maybe even entire series is over. HBO has the best shows except for my current favorite Army Wives. It's soooo good. I don't understand why people are relating it to Desperate Housewives it's very different, but in a good way.

I don't get HBO in Canada so we end up missing out on a lot of good shows.
    I hear nothing but good reviews about Rome, but haven't seen it anywhere on any of the channels we get so far, despite the fact we have a package that gives us lots of options.
    The Tudors is going to start on BBC Canada soon and I'll likely watch that if it's on at a good time for me.
    I won't bother to record it though because I'll never get round to watching it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

elk

I am currently enjoying Canadian Idol, Pirate Master and Hell's Kitchen and looking forward to Big Brother 8.

I may try to begin the first season of Entourage if I can get it, but I've mostly been spending my time reading, writing and hanging out with the family.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

My summer faves are The Closer, The 4400, The Dead Zone, and Big Brother. I couldn't keep up with Kyle XY last summer but did tape the first episode but haven't watched it yet. I think Psych and Monk are coming back this summer and they'll be on my list. And Kathy Griffin's Life on the D List.

I don't faithfully watch any summer reality shows except for BB. But so far I'm watching Last Comic Standing. I'm not really getting into America's Got Talent or the inventor one this go round. I might catch some of them here and there but they don't hold my interest. And when I can remember it's on I like The Next Food Network Star.

I'm watching So, you think you can dance and I'll watch Big Brother. Last year, I loved America's got talent, but this year, I can't stand it. I'm also watching the Next Big Thing, but it's kind of boring. The Lucille Ball impersonator blew me away, though. She was really great.

Of course, I'll be watching the Jericho reruns on CBS and telling everyone I know to watch it! We worked hard to save it and it's a great show!

As a fan of some of the other programs on ABC Family I am looking forward to any new shows they are coming out with... I have seen some previews for Greek and it looks like it could be entertaining.. it star's Kelsey Grammar's daughter who looks alot lik him

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I haven't been watching much of anything, unfortunately. The shows I love are between seasons (Dancing With The Stars, and The Amazing Race), so nothing going on to talk about there. There are no other reality shows that I like enough to consider myself a fan of, and certainly none of the mainstream reality ones. If it's on, I'll stop the channel at The Girls Next Door, and I do watch several HGTV shows that I've always watched.

New ones I tried to get interested in are Army Wives (that one put me to sleep), Sunset Tan (omg, new low in reality tv, couldn't keep watching it coz it sucked out too many grey cells), So You Think You Can Dance (omg), Rome, Jericho, and The Last Comic Standing 5 (what a train wreck). Oh, and of course I checked out The Simple Life 5 when it came on late at night when I have TV on in the background for mindless passing of time. That show is as bad as it's always been, though possibly a bit worse -- the only difference is that this show is expected to be a worthless train wreck, so it is what it is. But none of these shows were anything to keep me interested enough to watch more than the one episode -- or in a few cases, the 10 minutes -- I watched.

I did catch Starter Wife with Debra Messing, and I enjoyed that. And if I could remember when/where it's on each week, I'll watch that. I need to kick myself into gear to find it's local listing and tape it each week.

But for the most part, I'm just waiting for the new seasons to start with my 2 favorite shows. Just coasting on HGTV, E!, Court TV in the meantime (apart from my job which requires me to watch certain shows). Gonna be a long summer for tv.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Eureka for season 2. Dr. Who on the scifi channel. So You Think You Can Dance. Top Chef 3 which is turning out to be a great season after the dissappointment of season 2. The dismal Pirate Master. Of course The 4400, and Dead Zone. Flip This House and hopefully new episodes of Property Ladder. Going to check out Petra Nem.... A Models Life on TLC. Hell's Kitchen although I said I wouldn't and Kyle XY I am taping and will try out. Plus I have all of Battlestar Galactica season 3 on tape that I have yet to watch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2444922;
    I don't get HBO in Canada so we end up missing out on a lot of good shows.
    I hear nothing but good reviews about Rome, but haven't seen it anywhere on any of the channels we get so far, despite the fact we have a package that gives us lots of options.
    The Tudors is going to start on BBC Canada soon and I'll likely watch that if it's on at a good time for me.
    I won't bother to record it though because I'll never get round to watching it.
    Didn't Rome air on TMN? Or was that a previous season?
    I didn't know The Tudors was going to be on BBC Canada. I read that it was going to air in the Fall on CBC. Maybe they're having the initial run on BBC Canada? Oh - I just checked out BBC Canada's website and see they are airing Robin Hood which I've heard good things about. Wonder when that started. Must check that out.

I've been watching Last Comic Standing - not bad. I will watch Big Brother when it somes on. And that's pretty much it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast