+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greek

Greek

anyone know anything about this new show? my friend was telling me about it -- she said it about college kids who are involved in the greek community at college. I hear it is on ABC Family

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Greek

Yes ABC Family starts on 7/9 at 9est.

About all i know about it only because my kid was watching ABC Family and they had a preview
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I guess this is a guilty pleasure for me. This show is into the second episode of the second half of the season. ABC Family seems to be an obscure channel, too bad this show wasn't on a more accessable network. I like it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I love this show. It's funny but not at the expense of the characters like alot of teen shows/movies. It kind of reminds me of the same type of humor Superbad had but obviously alot less tame. I did enjoy American Pie and some of the other films like that but mostly it was stuff I was laughing at the characters about, shows/movies like Freaks and Geeks, Greek, and Superbad appeal to me cause I can relate and laugh at the same time without feeling bad cause I went through the same type of stuff a few years ago.

I absolutely love this show. It's totally my guilty pleasure. The characters and the acting are spot on. It's a shame that its tucked away on a little watched channel because it's one of the best shows on TV (IMO) and would do so much better on a bigger network.

Loved the whole thing with Lizzie and how it was revealed that she was playing a role to get them back in line. Love the subtle nuances of this show and how it doesn't feel the need to constantly smack the viewers over the head with plot lines, etc. Just some really excellent writing.

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Wow I just happened to fall on this thread i didn't even know there was one !! I agree this show is much better then the network it is on. I got hooked by watching a season 1 marathon, and now i can't stop watching. However,I feel that if it was on another network it would maintain the strong story line it has now.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

Would or wouldn't? I think it does benefit by being on a smaller network and agree that it would lose some of its sparkle if it went to a larger network....probably lose some of the excellent cast as well because they would be too focused on getting the next "IT" boy and girl.

What did you guys think of the pranks? It really bothered me. I knew the duct taping was coming and FF'd through it all. Calvin....they destroyed that character. How could he be so mad at Rusty when what they did to Rusty was against one person while what was done back to them was against the whole group and nobody was singled out. That whole thing left a very nasty taste in mouth for that character, now I want him gone and its a shame because I really liked him at first.

This is such an amazingly great show. The writing and acting is almost perfect. It reminds me of an old show on The WB called Popular which I LOOOOOOVED. This is one of the few shows I actually watch when it's originally airing and don't wait to watch it without commercials on my DVR. love it.

I loved Popular! I recently added seasons 1 and 2 to my movie rental at (....never sure about naming stuff so I don't! LOL) so I could watch it all over again. Greek is also available for rent, they have it listed as Greek: Chapter One.

AWww I liked the ending with just brother and sister.

Frannie and Evan deserve each other actually they are so much alike they would probably spontaniously combust. How funny was that wedding? OMG what a disaster! I was laughing my butt off (because it was fake)
    Poor Ashley getting caught in the credit trap. She'll be on the hook for the rest of her life now. She might *gasp* have to get a job!

OH and any episode that doesn't include Rebecca and the rest of her coven is good by me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast