+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friends... still funny or just pathetic?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

Friends... still funny or just pathetic?

Hello Everyone!

Do you all think that Friends has become lame? I certainly have. The Phoebe storylines are always so boring and the jokes are just not as fresh as they were back in season one. AND don't even get me started with Ross and the emaciated leading ladies!

Also, I find it highly unbelievable that they are all playing early 30-year-olds, what with Lisa Kudrow sporting a new bangless 'do. I think that they are all a bunch of overpaid mediocre actors hanging on to a passe show concept!

BUT I can understand how it would be hard to leave the show, when they are all making $1 million per episode.

Let me know what you think. I certainly find it much more worth my while to watch reality TV.... it's like watching train wreckage and I love it!

I agree with you, friends is getting old, the jokes are old, their characters are getting old, I don't watch it much.

Seinfeld was smart, he quit while he was ahead.....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Same with Home Improvement... but you're not a Time Allan fan are you !

though i do agree that friends has lost it's freshness, i still enjoy the show. granted, i enjoy will & grace an hour later much more! it is rare for friends to make me laugh out loud anymore.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I missed it last week accidentally and didn't even care.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    HAHAHAHA... honestly guys, isn't obnoxious how much money they make?

I haven't watched Friends since Survivor moved to Thursday nights back in the Australia time frame. I haven't missed it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.

I stopped watching Friends when I started conflicting with Survivor. Mr. LG and I had some debate about it, but even he conceeded that the quality took a dive when they resorted to the "pregnant Rachel" plot gimmick and I haven't watched an episode since. Shark jumping, anyone?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    OH Yes! I thought that Friends jumped the shark when Monica nd Chandler hooked up!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The laugh track on that show is annoying as hell.

Plus, all I can think of is that they make 6 million dollars (in total) per episode -- and all that makes me think is that they could do 6 Amazing Races instead.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast