+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friends... still funny or just pathetic?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this show at one point, but I can't remember laughing at anything on it for at least the last 2 seasons.....

I'm not sure why I even bother watching it at all anymore, but I'll tivo it and then if I'm bored, watch it on the weekend.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by GrammarGoddess
    What I don't understand is, I know lots of women who think Joey is HOT...and I just don't see it. Do I need therapy for that???

No you do not need therapy!
    I don't know anyone in "real life" who thinks Joey is hot! Only the dumb women on the show think so.
    Even if I thought he was a hottie (which I never have), his stupidity would be a complete turn-off.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't think he's hot, I think he's cute.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl

I've taken to watching the BBC series "Coupling" (imagine a sexier, whip-smart "Friends" from across the pond) instead. I love this show and totally prescribe it as an antidote to Friends-induced boredom! If you don't get BBC or BBC America, the first season is on DVD. I can't recommend it enough. [/B]
    Im so glad thats being shown in America!Its really funny,much more realistic than Friends.I was just wondering if anyone else likes it since its British.I didnt want to start a new thread since it wouldnt get many replies, but anyway about Friends-
    I have always loved the show but am actually glad its closing down to an end since I think this series is the best and they should leave on a high.If they leave it any longer it will become a bad memory of it.

ps What series of Coupling are you being shown if you know?
    There are 3 series so far .Sorry to keep referring to it in this thread but its definitly my favourite show on TV at the moment.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

i still watch it and enoy it. call me crazy.

FORT Newbie
    i agree with holly71. as someone who has watched the show religiously since season one i am beginning to feel like i'm somehow obliged to make the treck to my sofa every wednesday night. Perhaps the actors feel the same way...maybe they feel like they have to do the show ... but then again its entirely more likely that they are all just being greedy to annoy poor pathetic people like me who likes to see something right thru to the end.

Originally posted by danny
    Im so glad thats being shown in America!Its really funny,much more realistic than Friends.I was just wondering if anyone else likes it since its British.I didnt want to start a new thread since it wouldnt get many replies, but anyway about Friends-
    I have always loved the show but am actually glad its closing down to an end since I think this series is the best and they should leave on a high.If they leave it any longer it will become a bad memory of it.

ps What series of Coupling are you being shown if you know?
    There are 3 series so far .Sorry to keep referring to it in this thread but its definitly my favourite show on TV at the moment.
    Hi Danny! I'm sorry I haven't responded to your question earlier, I didn't see it until now. BBC America has just shown the second season of Coupling. I'm definitely looking forward to season 3.

I hope this isn't a threadjack, but have you heard that NBC is doing an American version of Coupling, which is scheduled to air post-Friends on "Must-See" Thursday night? I'm a bit skeptical...I don't tend to like "re-makes" and because I love and am so attached to the original characters, I shudder to think the damage that could be done...

Okay, folks, carry on! Nothing more to see here...
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

for the first time in a long time, last week's episode actually had me laughing. i'm like GG on this one. i still watch and enjoy, but if i miss it, it's no big deal.

I love "Friends". ...there, I said it. Despite that you, a largely reality TV loving audience does not love the show, it STILL ranks at the top of the charts every week--even higher than "Survivor" and other reality-based programming.

I believe it the show is just in a form where you either like it not, kind of like with "Seinfeld". (Personally, I hated "Seinfeld".)

And then a small reply to Wyndemere's comment: "Seinfeld was smart, he quit while he was ahead."

"Friends" is going on the same path. Originally, last night's episode would have been the last--however, due to the popularity of the show, the last few episodes of this most recent season went into rewrites to bring about a final smaller season. So, Wyndemere, "Friends" IS going out while it is ahead.

...and that was my opinion.
    -Alex

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I watched the finale and thought it was better than it had been for a very long time. But I could still count the number of times I laughed on one hand.

I only watch because I feel an obligation more than anything to see it through to the end. But like many others above, if something goes wrong with my recording of it (as I never watch it live) I am never upset.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast