+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friends... still funny or just pathetic?

I don't watch this show anymore either and don't miss it at all.

For the longest time I've been annoyed with Ross' character, I can't stand him! Just a whiny, wimpy, creepy man! Although, my favorite season ending was when he and Rachel stumbled out of the wedding chapel in Reno/Vegas (?).

I agree with BravoFan, I would much rather have six whole Amazing Races to watch soooooooo much more than one episode of Friends!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

STALE!!! I'm willing to admit that "Friends" is way past its prime, and I'm a former fan.

I've taken to watching the BBC series "Coupling" (imagine a sexier, whip-smart "Friends" from across the pond) instead. I love this show and totally prescribe it as an antidote to Friends-induced boredom! If you don't get BBC or BBC America, the first season is on DVD. I can't recommend it enough.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Charmin cha cha cha Freak Apple's Avatar
    I used to LOVE Freinds. Every time I missed a Thursday episode I freaked out. It used to always have me laughing up my lungs. USED to.USED .

Now...Ross is being more like Phoebe (although it was kinda funny when he was hyped up on maple candy and stealing hotel stuff), Phoebe's role is getting boring, Monica is like a little poodle you want to kick off your leg, Rachel is just hopeless, and CHANDLER IS EVEN MORE ANNOYING AND CORNY THAN BEFORE!! The only one I think is staying pretty funny is Joey. Hehe, my stupey lil Joey...
    "Earth can't POSSIBLY be round! If it is, then how come the people in China aren't falling off?" - my genius friend

Way to many shows stay way past thier time. Friends is at least 2 seasons late. I used to care that Ross and Rachel might get together or finding out Chandlers job or Joey doing that Mac & Cheese big screen movie between seasons of his soap or Monica getting her perfect cooking job. ( I never, ever cared about Phoebe, period.) Now watching Friends is like ... watching an hour long A.I. Wednesday night results show. 99% crap and filler for 1 minute of genuine enjoyment.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I still watch and enjoy, though not with the loyalty I have in the past. If I miss a Thursday night (or a few...or a month or two) I know I can catch up in re-runs when nothing better is on.

Frankly, Monica's always sort of driven me nutz and I like the younger Phoebe better. I think Monica should've married Richard, but only because I liked having him on the show.

What I don't understand is, I know lots of women who think Joey is HOT...and I just don't see it. Do I need therapy for that???

FORT Fogey

Friends? What Friends?

The reason for ever liking this show totally escapes me at this time.

Here are people that have nothing better to do than hang around a coffee bar or in their luridly colored apartment bantering and speaking in hackneyed phrases which stopped being funny years ago.

The actors long ago lost their integrity in the shallowness of the characters they portray:
    Phoebe - acts in a vacuous manner that's supposed to pass for naiveté or idiot savant.
    Joey - a knucklehead would be actor who is dumber than a stump.
    Ross - a whiny voiced pain in the butt who is America's Least Hot Man (Hey, are you listening Schwimmer, here's your new show!)
    Rachel - a career girl that wants to be an Everywoman. Did she have a baby? What happened to it? I am so out of touch.
    Monica - the obsessive-compulsive chef who can't hold on to a job or a man.
    Chandler - an annoying person whose weight goes up and down and who stopped being funny on Day 2.

I am ashamed to admit that this is still in my memory bank and I dredged it up for no reason that I can think of. I have not watched this show in YEARS, but occasionally have the bad luck to come across it while channel surfing.

This show is an example why sitcoms are a thing of the past and should be put to rest.

Wow, CG, you really don't like them too much eh?

I know I already answered this thread but I guess I'll say it again... I still enjoy the show.

There was a short period where everything and I do mean everything was sex related on the show. I know there's always been some sex stuff on the show, but it seems that there were a few episodes that dealt entirely with sex. Those were the ones that I thought weren't at all funny.

I think everyone on the cast is beautiful and I also think they are all very talented actors. Comedy is an extremely difficult genre and I think they've done a great job of it.

I also agree that it's probably time to pack it in
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Freak Apple
    The only one I think is staying pretty funny is Joey
    Yeah Joey is funny , and i have to agree on Ross being a whiny character.
    But i see them more as a group ( that is still funny ).

You can`t really single out a character , cause you have the ones who do the crazy stuff and the others who reflect on it.

Just like Seinfeld.
    Seinfeld wasn`t the one who did all the funny stuff , he mostly reflected to the crazy things Kramer and George and whoever did.
    Off course how he reflected was terribly funny.
    You gotta be a pro like Seinfeld to deliver the right face at the right moment.

FORT Fogey
    posted by cali
    Wow, CG, you really don't like them too much eh?
    Where on earth did you get that idea?

I'm psychic that way
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast