+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friends... still funny or just pathetic?

I like Friends , but then again i totally ignored the show for about 7-8 years.
    I allways got turned off how the show starts , with this bunch of hypsters dancing around.
    So i never checked out the show up untill maybe a year ago.

Now i like it , and some of the newer episodes were a riot.
    Like the one with the male Nanny.
    Or the one with the memorial service.
    That show had so many funny storylines ; like Joeys Mr Hugsy , or Monica trying to keep Phoebe away from her ex , and of course Ross being "dead".

I liked the one where Joey tried defending his purse.....

His "man purse" ....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Princess
    Was never funny, still isn't...

HA! I still really enjoy Friends
    We tape it downstairs (hubby and the boys watch) and my daughter and I watch Survivor upstairs.
    I can't help but love joey and Chandler. I actually think they are a talented group of actors.
    It's true that maybe they should stop, or should have last year, but I will continue to watch as long as it's on

Please don't throw rocks at me
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    *hurls a large rcok in Cali's direction and quickly runs away*

*Ducks and runs away*
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    My Tivo tapes it...and I watch it if I have nothing else to do.

But I haven't even enjoyed it for at least this season so I'm not sure why I still even bother...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I like it a little at the beginning but now it stinks like the episode with the cute babysitter and her girlfriend that was mess up. When the show go off the air I hope they let Joey finaly have his threesome he always wanted I feel sorry for him no fun at all. :slobber

I still watch it sometimes, but I have had enough with the teasing us if Ross and Rachael will get together. Do it already.
    Plus, I saw an earlier episode recently, and Pheobe does not age very well. I wish they would do something with Monica's hair! And could she gain 10 pounds?

Originally posted by BravoFan
    I haven't even enjoyed it for at least this season so I'm not sure why I still even bother...
    Same here. I keep watching, but it's more out of a sense of "duty" ~ like I've watched it since the beginning, so I should watch it to the end. I get so annoyed with the characters anymore though. Stupid Phoebe & Joey get on my nerves; the "dumb" isn't cute, it's just annoying as hell. And Monica: could they make her any bitchier? I hate her character, she gets more annoying every season. Ross & Rachel: the "will they or won't they get together" is SOOOOO old. Not entertaining at all. It's so done. Chandler is the only character I like on there, but yet I keep watching. Sometimes I even smile when I'm watching it, but usually it's not even funny enough for that.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast