+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family Feud's New Host: John O'Hurley

Family Feud's New Host: John O'Hurley

I was channel surfing just now and happened to catch Family Feud and was surprised to see John O'Hurley hosting it now. I loved John on Seinfeld and DWtS 1, so I watched a bit and found he's as charming as ever on Family Feud. I hadn't heard that he had signed on as the new host on FF. Has anyone else caught the show since he's been host? If so, what do you all think of him there? I've enjoyed all the Family Feud hosts, and have no idea why Richard Karn has been replaced, but I think John will be another good FF host. It was nice to see him again

Also, the set has been changed to be more like some of the newer game shows, in a circular audience seating format, with the gameplay taking place down and in center. Interesting change.

O'Hurley Replaces Karn on Family Feud

Marc Berman

MARCH 28, 2006 -

Dancing With the Stars contestant John O'Hurley, whose prior experience includes his classic role as J. Peterman on Seinfeld and a stint from 2000-02 hosting syndicated game show To Tell the Truth, is heading back to daytime TV to host the game show Family Feud.

O'Hurley will replace former Home Improvement star Richard Karn, who took over for Louie Anderson in 2002, as host of Tribune Entertainment's Family Feud next season. O'Hurley will become the fifth host of the veteran game show, which launched in 1976 with Richard Dawson. The late Ray Combs replaced Dawson in the first of several remakes in 1988.

Season to-date, Family Feud ranks fourth among the six current first-run game/relationship strips, with a 2.0 rating in households, according to Nielsen Media Research. Comparably, that is a decrease of 5 percent from one year earlier. Ratings among key women 25-54, also No. 4 in the genre, are flat at a 1.0.

The arrival of O'Hurley will coincide with a new set for Family Feud in 2006-07 in celebration of its 30th anniversary.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Re: Family Feud's New Host: John O'Hurley

I read that he is in the running to take Bob Barker's place on The Price is Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujoly;2368013;
    I read that he is in the running to take Bob Barker's place on The Price is Right.
    I don't watch The Price is Right, but I do watch Family Feud when I can catch it, and am enjoying John as host there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I love Family Feud, but find him a little too hokey. He always does the exact same double take at the buzzer when he's telling them what they will hear if they duplicate an answer at the end. Every. single. time. He talks with such an exaggeratedly wry tone of voice. I thought Richard Karn was much more genuine.
    Count your blessings!

One thing I do kind of miss with this host, though... During the Fast Money round, I rather liked it when the previous hosts stood right next to the contestant. O'Hurley stands further away when he reads out the survey questions, at least a couple or so good strides away. When the other hosts stood closer, it gave a more comfy, warm feel to the round.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar

Wow, Mr. O'Hurley is a very busy man. When and where is the showed taped? I ask because I know he plays the lead nightly in the Las Vegas show "Spam-A-Lot".
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

+ Reply to Thread