Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Re: Rescue Me (Season 4)

Went looking on FX for a description of next weeks show, it says
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Janet plots revenge against Tommy for giving the baby to Sheila

LG.

if that spoiler is true (and it likely is), then that answers one of our big questions.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    who would have thought that Sheila would be the sane one and the responsible parent in that family.

Anyone else wonder if Franco is thinking of dumping his new lady and hooking back up with Susan Sarandon so that Keila can have a "real" family? I thought he might be leaning that way when he went back home and saw her brother sleeping in "his spot" and the pictures of her brother in front of his picture. You aren't ever going to be first in her heart, bro, perhaps.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Ooooo..... Thanks for leading me to the site so I can have my burning question answered about the baby. *Warning* Don't go there if you don't want to know.
    Now, maybe I'll sleep better tonight. I slept so bad, it had to be because of the baby thing.
    LG, I totally agree about Franco's reconsidering. I don't think I blame him being he's obviously not first in her life as evidenced by the pictures and where her brother was sleeping. But I'd think he'd have to talk to her about it first. Nah....that would be the "normal" thing to do. This show is not normal.

Can't believe Tommy actually gave away the baby...And I don't know why Janet cares so much with the way she was acting she could care less about him...I'm sure its just PPD, but damn she should've gotten meds to help fix the problem...Glad Alicia stopped Franco from cheating on his girl...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Rescue Me has actually lost it for me a little, but last week and this week redeemed me. I enjoyed both episodes. I still feel like they're all over the place, but a little more enjoyable.

Totally LOVED Mike and the mother/daughter thing last night

I've been faithfully watching each episode. However, things have been wildly uneven with this show this season. I think that the show is still very good, but let's just say that it's not at its best, overall, at the moment. I have been impressed, though, with the last two eps, or so, with the focus on Tommy and his demons. I thought that the one where he wrestled with the "ghosts" was worthy of an "Emmy reel," as well as the one that dealt with his fear of heights. And, it's been great to see Uncle Teddy and Tommy's dad again.

Otherwise, and in my opinion, the recurring "stuff" with Janet, Tommy's daughters, Maggie, and practically all of the women on this show (old and new characters) is starting to wear thin. And, I'm not thrilled at all with the way the storyline of "Elvis/Wyatt" is shaping up, unless it's symptomatic of the raging dysfunction of that family. Still... I'm hangin' in there...

Cat

LG.

Season finale tonight. I can't say this is my favorite season, but I do like the Gavin Family AA Meetings. They crack me up.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I've been scarcely watching and i barely tuned in tonight. Could it be that im losing interest?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Overall it was a decent season. Lou still has the best one-liners. I still think it's extremely well-written with excellent dialogue between actors. However, the storylines were all OVER the place this year. Franco/Natalie, Tommy/Janet/GinaGershon (don't even know her name!)/Volly firefighter, Sheila, the list goes on.

I love the Gavin family AA meetings. I didn't get the whole thing last night with the guy in the AA meeting talking about having sex in the club and then Tommy was envisioning it - it just doesn't fit. I don't know if I'm missing something there.

I definitely thought something was going to go on with the Dad because they'd really been getting close and Tommy bringing him to the game was something he really wanted to do. I assume he died sitting there, but you never know with this show. Uncle Teddy should have a spinoff - him buying everyone a beer and then telling him to stay away was classic.

I still enjoy it but when it comes back (and I'm hoping it will), I hope the storylines can be a little more cohesive.

I actually felt bad for Sheila last night. May wonders never cease.

I've been too busy to keep up with posting in this thread, but I've been watching every episode. I loved the season finale. I agree that the storylines were all over this season, but I still loved every minute. (with the exception of Susan Sarandon, YUCK!!!!)

Marybeth, what I got from the AA meeting scene, was that when Tommy was envisioning it, he was flashing back to his old ways, thinking of things he'd done, things that had happened (like carrying Connor ). I was thinking of it as a struggle from his old ways and new ways, but that his new ways were taking over. (not fighting with Janet, staying sober, spending time with his Dad, etc.) Anyway, just my spin on it.

Loose loose loose storylines last night...but so good. I felt bad for Sheila as well. LOVE Uncle Teddy! "I have a major league ass and these are minor league seats!" (or something like that) Lou's baseball/life speech as Sean snoozed. Lou in general, he's just fantastic.

Being the freak I am, I found Tommy (Denis) sexier than ever last night. *sigh*
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread