+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Proud Red Sox Lover irishkate81's Avatar

Re: Rescue Me (Season 4)

I can't believe Chief did that. And we have to wait 2 weeks for a new episode?! And there was nothing about him shooting himself in the previews!?
    BB9 Josh to Sharon: "Code Red Emergency, I need your Precious Moments Bible!!""

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

HO. LEEEE. CRAP

You know, at the end when he was neatly eating and combing his hair my ah-ha meter went off and I thought about it - he basically said a nice goodbye to his son and helped out Tommy. Wow.

Gotta love Mike. Sorry I didn't kill you Ma.

It's official. I hate the Jennifer Esposito character. She adds NOTHING. The scene with Tommy and Mike in the restaurant was funny.

The whole 'baby doesn't stop crying' bit is old. Get some damn help or something. Ugh.

Uncle Teddy is back to his old ways!! He was a better partner with Mr. Gavin though.

2 week wait. Ack!

I had unfortunately read that last night's episode would be "shocking" and being that it's Rescue Me, it takes a LOT to be "shocking". So I kept waiting, and waiting. I thought at the end that either Mike would take all of that morphine himself and OD since he didn't kill his Mom, or that the chief would off himself. I guess Mike COULD still take all of that morphine.

To me, the scene with Sheila and her new guy was totally pointless. What were they getting at? Boring.

Man, Natalie has some wild hair. I am not liking her (and no, not because of her hair.) She just seemed over the top in the bowling alley.

HATE Jennifer Esposito. Does it not occur to her that perhaps Tommy's not into her? Of course Tommy's never been too discriminating, but can't she get the message to drop it? What's so important that he go out to dinner (and more) with her?

At the end, with Janet and the baby, I thought for a second she was going to hurt it for crying.

Uncle Teddy rocks. Thinking about going on a killing spree to get sent back to prison.

Oh! I loved, when Tommy went to get Colleen, (and she was in her underwear) how he walked over and told Sean that he better not put that in his "spank bank." And when he said "blinders!" and they all covered their eyes. Somehow I think that Tommy will manage to go back and beat the crap out of her boyfriend. At least I hope so.

Had to add....Kenny "Lou", checking for his "equipment" when Probie offered him the lotion...
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I had been kind of "spoilered" about the 2 deaths that occurred in this week's episode. And, one of them was pretty easy to figure out (Mike's mom, although it didn't happen as might have been expected). Unfortunately, I already had this growing sense of dread about the Chief and his ultimate demise ... So, as sad as I am to see him go (he's one of my favorites on the show), I wasn't very shocked.

IMHO, there were the usual laughs amongst the guys at the firehouse. And, now, I can add "bromancing" and "man date" to my growing glossary of new terms in today's men's culture But, my mood was changed and it all went out of the window when the Chief took himself out None of the storylines with the women (Sheila, Janet, Nola, Natalie, and Coleen, too) are engaging me. To me, their characters are the weakess links on RM. I only hope that they brought in the scenes with Sheila and her new guy to set her up to move on (and away from Tommy). She and the rest of the gals (except, maybe, for Uncle Teddy's wife) need to go somewhere and sit down.

Now, folks, if you want to check out a recent article with an interview with Jack McGee (Chief) - one where Jack isn't exactly pleased at his character's demise - go here: Chicago Tribune | The Watcher

Cat

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955;2454890;
    Now, folks, if you want to check out a recent article with an interview with Jack McGee (Chief) - one where Jack isn't exactly pleased at his character's demise - go here: Chicago Tribune | The Watcher

Cat
    Wow...that was a war of words, huh? He sounds a bit on the bitter side!

LG.

Wow, that is quite the interview. I agree, though, that Chief would not have killed himself. I thought this myself when I first saw the ads for this season
    The promos are all him -- you'd think there was nobody else on the show,” McGee said.
    Hmmmm, reminds me of several pages ago in this thread
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2358372;
    One thing I don't like about the new ads, both of him, the one with Tommy driving the firetruck and hanging off the back and the one where he is apparently fighting with himself is that none of the rest of the cast seems to matter. It's all about Tommy. I know he's the star and the executive producer and this is his baby and whatever, but the show is more interesting when the supporting cast has decent storylines too.
    from page 1 of this thread
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by madwoman;2454890;
    I had been kind of "spoilered" about the 2 deaths that occurred in this week's episode. And, one of them was pretty easy to figure out (Mike's mom, although it didn't happen as might have been expected). Unfortunately, I already had this growing sense of dread about the Chief and his ultimate demise ... So, as sad as I am to see him go (he's one of my favorites on the show), I wasn't very shocked.

IMHO, there were the usual laughs amongst the guys at the firehouse. And, now, I can add "bromancing" and "man date" to my growing glossary of new terms in today's men's culture But, my mood was changed and it all went out of the window when the Chief took himself out None of the story lines with the women (Sheila, Janet, Nola, Natalie, and Coleen, too) are engaging me. To me, their characters are the weakness links on RM. I only hope that they brought in the scenes with Sheila and her new guy to set her up to move on (and away from Tommy). She and the rest of the gals (except, maybe, for Uncle Teddy's wife) need to go somewhere and sit down.

Cat
    I laughed out loud at the "bromance" thing. Now I have a new word for the list of things I want to avoid.

I was very disappointed at the chief's suicide. It just didn't fit. He went to an office job, not out to sell pencils on the street after having a kidney stolen by his wife as she left him for his own sister or anything like that. I'm looking forward to reading the article you mentioned. I have a feeling there is more to that decision than we know. Of course the tension buildup in the last couple of minutes let us know something was coming, but I really thought Janet was going to freak out and give her crying baby a good shaking.

You're right. The female character plots so far are more decorative filler than anything else. Janet is more of a really attractive evil prop than anything else. I get the feeling something really hot is going to happen with Sheila though.

I said it before, but I'll say it again. The Sopranos would have done well to let the writers for this show and The Shield collaborate on their last season, of course the finale in particular. More happens on most any F/X show in one episode than happened in the last 5 years of the lame-o Sopranos

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;2457286;
    I laughed out loud at the "bromance" thing. Now I have a new word for the list of things I want to avoid.

I was very disappointed at the chief's suicide. It just didn't fit. He went to an office job, not out to sell pencils on the street after having a kidney stolen by his wife as she left him for his own sister or anything like that. I'm looking forward to reading the article you mentioned. I have a feeling there is more to that decision than we know. Of course the tension buildup in the last couple of minutes let us know something was coming, but I really thought Janet was going to freak out and give her crying baby a good shaking.

I think that the conversations that the guys have at the firehouse during their downtime are some of the best elements of this show. And, they are so hilarious!

With regards to the major female characters on RM, a thought/question just occurred: Is it possible that they are drawn in those ways e.g., as mainly toxic because they are supposed to reflect the dysfunction in the men with whom they are involved? Just wondering...

Check out that article and see what you think. Reading between the lines, I came to the conclusion that there may have been a lot of bad vibes going on behind the scenes between those two (Jack McGee and Denis Leary) on some personal level. IMHO, it's a tough call since there's one man's version, another man's version, and the truth. I will miss the Chief dearly. But, if nothing else, I have learned to expect the unexpected as I continue to follow this show, for better and for worse.

Cat

P.S. When did I become madwoman?...

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

Miss the chief already but this is still my favorite show.

+ Reply to Thread