+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Re: Rescue Me (Season 4)

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7;2376335;
    Okay, so I'm getting all excited. I just read this in the TV Guide, not a major spoiler or anything, but a new character, so I won't put it in spoiler tags. I can't remember the actor's name, but for those Sopranos fans, the guy that plays "Hesh", (Tony's ...what, financial advisor? I don't know what to call him. He just figured prominently in an episode two weeks ago) has been cast on "Rescue Me" as a fire chief.

I just looked, his name is Jerry Adler.

Larenz Tate and Jennifer Esposito (both from the film, "Crash") are also slated to appear in roles on the show this season. Larenz is portraying a probie, and Jennifer is portraying a volunteer firefighter (and possible love interest for Tommy).

Cat

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Sunny - I saw that too. Yay!! I didn't realize that YOU hated Laura! I thought it was PPerez Don't kill me!

Cat: I LOVE Larenz Tate

I just saw on Futon Critic that it's moving to WEDNESDAYS, which makes the premier JUNE 13TH

the futon critic - the web's best primetime television resource

RESCUE ME

The critically acclaimed drama series Rescue Me, starring Emmy and Golden Globe nominee Denis Leary, moves to Wednesdays at 10PM ET/PT beginning June 13. FX will run the 13 episodes over 14 weeks (no new episode on the night of July 4th). All series regulars return this season and guest stars include Larenz Tate (at least 4 episodes), Jerry Adler (at least 3 episodes), Jennifer Esposito (4 episodes), and Susan Sarandon (2 episodes). When FX launched Rescue Me in 2004, it occupied the Wednesday night slot.
    Susan Sarandon needs to GO AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2377187;

Cat: I LOVE Larenz Tate

I just saw on Futon Critic that it's moving to WEDNESDAYS, which makes the premier JUNE 13TH
    Yes, Larenz is hot... ! I loved him in "Love Jones," too.

Thanks for the heads-up about the change in air dates. I believe that FX is making room on Tuesdays for that new Glenn Close show.

I like the promos for "Rescue Me", so far. The music is great, but, most importantly, they illustrate how Tommy keeps fighting himself.

Cat

I'm thinking you mean Love Monkey? I LOVED LOVED that show. I was SO mad they canceled it. He's YUMMY!!!!

I haven't seen promos, but I generally don't watch FX. I can't wait to see Denis Leary again - his snarkiness is contagious

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2382016;
    I'm thinking you mean Love Monkey? I LOVED LOVED that show. I was SO mad they canceled it. He's YUMMY!!!!

No, I meant the movie, "Love Jones" (1997), which starred him and Nia Long. I never watched "Love Monkey", the TV show.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955;2382309;
    No, I meant the movie, "Love Jones" (1997), which starred him and Nia Long. I never watched "Love Monkey", the TV show.

Cat
    never heard of it, but it's time for a new movie in my Netflix queue!! I'll have to watch it

Eeee!!! Okay, my Rescue Me fanatics, have any of you seen the new promos with everyone thinking Tommy is going to jail? Delicious! (and, I am so glad to see Tommy not burned from the "Sheila house fire".) Jail, why? Does Sheila bite it in the fire? (please please say yes! Then again, she's nuts, and sort of interesting in that aspect.)

I cannot wait! I LOVE Denis Leary!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7;2417707;
    Eeee!!! Okay, my Rescue Me fanatics, have any of you seen the new promos with everyone thinking Tommy is going to jail? Delicious! (and, I am so glad to see Tommy not burned from the "Sheila house fire".) Jail, why? Does Sheila bite it in the fire? (please please say yes! Then again, she's nuts, and sort of interesting in that aspect.)

Yes, I have seen that promo. I like the way that each successive promo spot has shown something essential about Tommy, particularly how he is now fighting with himself, since his brother is deceased. But, getting back to the one under discussion, I truly believe that Sheila perished in that fire. Not only would I be happy about that, too, suncat7, but I don't think it would make much sense to bring her back again - at least, not as a character that is currently living. Hasn't Tommy suffered enough from her crazy-a** machinations? However, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheila joined the ranks of Tommy's "ghosts."

Cat

FYI... In next week's print edition of TV Guide, Denis Leary is a guest columnist. He gives an overview of the show's new season, with his usual snappy humor. But, I should warn you all that there are some spoilers there. And, check out TV Guide, TV Listings, Online Videos, Entertainment News and Celebrity News | TVGuide.com, too, because the column may appear there, sooner or later.

Cat

I saw that, Catwoman, it was a great article! (and made me even more anxious for the show.) I wonder if there will be a blog like last year's, Kenny "Lou" was fantastic in his.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread