+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Re: Rescue Me

I tape The View and just watched an episode in which he was a recent guest. I think it was a few weeks old. Man, Denis looked GREAT! I think he's had some work done. Perhaps a liquid facelift as they call it. He looks 10 years younger! I'm serious. He did get a new haircut and shave the sideburns, but it's more than that. I'll try to find a link. He looks awesome.

They only mentioned Rescue Me briefly. Of course, it was a great show. He just ran out of steam in the last few seasons wit the writing. They should have let it go a few seasons back and not let it go down this way.

Oh, he said the fire suit from Rescue Me has gone into the Smithsonian!

Congrats to Denis for all he does for firemen. That's great.

I just have to get through this last season and try to only think of the first 3/4's of that show from now on. LOL

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Okay, so I saw the first episode and guess I missed numbers 2 and 3 as I think last night's was number 4. So, I didn't know what was up with the video of the reporter (?) and Tommy talking about his dead cousin Danny, the NYFD, and all kind of other stuff. Leave it to Tommy to put his foot into it and stir the pot! Last time I viewed Sean had proposed to Colleen, she accepted and then went on a bender. So, now, apparently they are back on track? Is she still drinking? I enjoyed last night's episode. Any thoughts?

I'm afraid I didn't watch but just a few minutes of last night's show. I saw a little in the beginning and then the scene where the friend with cancer goes ballistic. I'm just not feeling the show anymore. It seems to me like they are going through the motions. I will eventually watch it' maybe this weekend. I think I recorded it.

How many more episodes until the series finale?

Debb, I went to Rescue Me's website but can't find that answer for you. I would like to know myself. I inadvertently clicked on a tab saying "about the show". DON"T DO THAT! Geez, it practically gave everything away of what was going to happen this season.

Also, HBO repeats the episode immediately after it first airs so if you miss a bit of the beginning, middle or end, you can watch it right again.

Wikipedia says that there are 9 episodes and the finale will be Sept. 7. That's not far away! Any guesses as to who it will end?

One more episode left! I will really miss this show when it goes off the air. I really enjoyed last night's episode with Colleen's wedding. They brought back Tatum O'Neal for the episode and it was good to see her. Boy, the Gavins are surely a very dysfunctional family... loved how they called an immediate family pow wow to discuss the alcohol situation at the wedding and whether or not wine or champagne counted as 'drinking.' I was filled with dread at the end of the show... wonder how it will end?

Yeah, the last few minutes were intense. I don't think I liked the wedding stuff as much as others. I just think the writing is sloppy, lazy and not inovative. So much could have been done IMO. They just threw something silly together.

The previews are difficult to figure out. It looks like a huge funeral. Is it a dream? Denis has always said he wants to kill Tommy off on the show. I guess this was his chance to do it.

How many do you think went up with that explosion? Did he survive and now finally is going to retire? Was it all a dream and he's been in a vegetative state since 9/11? Maybe he turns out sitting in a chair like Sheila's son. Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, the last few minutes were intense. I don't think I liked the wedding stuff as much as others. I just think the writing is sloppy, lazy and not inovative. So much could have been done IMO. They just threw something silly together.

The previews are difficult to figure out. It looks like a huge funeral. Is it a dream? Denis has always said he wants to kill Tommy off on the show. I guess this was his chance to do it.

How many do you think went up with that explosion? Did he survive and now finally is going to retire? Was it all a dream and he's been in a vegetative state since 9/11? Maybe he turns out sitting in a chair like Sheila's son. Any guesses?
    Heh, that would really be something, wouldn't it? He's always been so tortured so maybe death would put an end to his misery. One part of the wedding that was making me cringe (and in retrospect I have to agree that most of the wedding stuff was silly but I enjoyed seeing everyone together) were the racial/ethnic comments being made by all the guys with regard to Sean's mom being Mexican, as well as Tommy falling all over himself talking with Sean's parents. He was making an ass of himself and digging in deeper and deeper and I was cringing in embarrassment for him.

Debb, I have never seen the first two seasons so I don't know about the quality of the writing getting worse from then but yes, it has gotten worse over the last few seasons.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Heh, that would really be something, wouldn't it? He's always been so tortured so maybe death would put an end to his misery. One part of the wedding that was making me cringe (and in retrospect I have to agree that most of the wedding stuff was silly but I enjoyed seeing everyone together) were the racial/ethnic comments being made by all the guys with regard to Sean's mom being Mexican, as well as Tommy falling all over himself talking with Sean's parents. He was making an ass of himself and digging in deeper and deeper and I was cringing in embarrassment for him.

Debb, I have never seen the first two seasons so I don't know about the quality of the writing getting worse from then but yes, it has gotten worse over the last few seasons.
    Yes, that part was funny. I must say though, that if Tommy's friends, didn't mess him up so much, he might stay out of trouble a little better. Most all of them lack that instinct that tells you when to shut up. LOL

If you can, I would got back and watch the first couple of seasons. (Perhaps online or on DVD.) They were VERY good. The writing and acting were spot on. It will take you through some very big events. It will show Tommy's son before he was killed, the death of Tommy's son, how the family was torn apart, the affair of Tommy's wife with his brother, (Tommy's brother was a police detective) the murder of Tommy's brother, etc. Everyweek there was a big deal. It was riveting! That was when Denis was really into the show. After he got tired of it, it showed.

You could tell he was done with it the way he talked about it on talk shows. I really wish he had let it go back when and not drug it out for another couple of seasons. Anyway, it's done now and I look forward to seeing whether or not they do kill Tommy off in the end. I will be shocked if they don't do it that way. Denis has talked about how he wanted to do it for some time now.

Please tell me if Tommy has been seeing many ghosts lately. I don't recall. In seasons past, Tommy was haunted by the ghosts of his dead loved ones almost constantly. It almost drove him crazy. They talked to him a lot. When did that happen last?

Did anyone see the finale last night?

+ Reply to Thread