+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Re: Rescue Me

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4027162;
    Hey Debb, Ya, I know I will continue to watch. I DVR it, so I won't necessarily watch it Tues nights but I will finish out the season. Just disppointed right now. ITA, it doesn't seem like DL is interested anymore.

For my family, DH was working in the Towers on 9/11 ... we went through allot and watching the show, NYC and the firefighters brings back many memories for us.
    Oh my Momrek, this show must really hold a special place for you. I can't imagine what you went through. This show has to turn itself around for the memories of those in NYC on 9/11.

[QUOTE=Debb70;4027159;]
    I did take note that when Denis has been on talk shows over the last 6 months, he dosen't want to talk about Rescue Me. Once he NEVER mentioned it once. I got the feeling that he is done with it. If that's the case, it did not have his full attention and isn't the baby it used to be when he had something to prove. I hope I'm wrong.

He has said that next season is going to be a major twist. Hope they're not all in purgatory, getting their personal happy endings. Still a little bitter about the Lost ending, I guess.

I'm not sure if it's me or what. I tried to watch this show the other night and I just got frustrated. It was the scene when Tommy gets to the fire station and it has been closed. He started talking and the words he was saying were just so silly. I couldn't stand it and had to change the station. What's happened to the wonderful dialogue and script? Perhaps I am being overly critical. I'm not giving up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4027349;
    Oh my Momrek, this show must really hold a special place for you. I can't imagine what you went through. This show has to turn itself around for the memories of those in NYC on 9/11.
    Thanks, sweetie, it was a horrible time for us. DH was devastated ... 3 months of depression as he lost some of his closest engineering co-workers that day. He commuted from NJ to NYC with other Port Authority engineers and ONE engineer was LATE that morning meeting them, HENCE they were late driving to the Towers ... had they been on time ...
    We actually have a small little memorial wall in our home ... DH had a meeting at 9am in the South Tower September 11, 2001 ... we framed the Meeting Agenda and have random pictures of the Towers. Everyone that sees it is STUNNED. And my DBro is a COL in USArmy at the Pentagon ... it was a double whammy for our family that day. My Bro just happened to be in Quantico that morning ... first morning in years that he was not at his desk in the Pentagon. It was his area, the ARMY area, that was hit. We went in the Spring (2002) as he was promoted and actually saw where the plane crashed into the building FROM THE INSIDE ... we all just stood there touching it. Makes me cry thinking about it as I type this ... God sure was looking out for my DH and my DBRO that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4033754;
    I'm not sure if it's me or what. I tried to watch this show the other night and I just got frustrated. It was the scene when Tommy gets to the fire station and it has been closed. He started talking and the words he was saying were just so silly. I couldn't stand it and had to change the station. What's happened to the wonderful dialogue and script? Perhaps I am being overly critical. I'm not giving up on it.

I just watched it LAST night ... omg, Debb, do you mean when he was talking to his nephew, Dominic about staying or leaving firefighting ... I thought the SAME thing ... Denis, what are you saying ... this was horrible acting.
    And Colleen is cured ... from that near alcoholic drowning in the church last week. Interesting.
    Well I sure hope Tommy and Janet can make it work this time.
    KAREN

Momrek, I don't think I have heard anything so touching about 9/11. That is just amazing that you had two family members that were so close to being lost, but yet missed the tragedy. It is so amazing. I know you must consider yourself blessed, but at the same time you have to live with the what ifs. That can be stressful I would imagine. God bless your family and all of those who went through the entire experience first hand.

With what you and others have gone through, I can't imagine watching Rescue Me without doing a lot of reliving those days. Therefore, the writers need to get the script back up to par. Denis is very familiar with what happened. He must wrap up the ending in the way it deserves to be done. The still have time to do it.

I'm going to keep trying to watch and see if it gets better.

I went over to the FX boards. There are some that agree with me. We just want the show to keep up its standards, especially on the final season.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4039238;
    Momrek, I don't think I have heard anything so touching about 9/11. That is just amazing that you had two family members that were so close to being lost, but yet missed the tragedy. It is so amazing. I know you must consider yourself blessed, but at the same time you have to live with the what ifs. That can be stressful I would imagine. God bless your family and all of those who went through the entire experience first hand.

With what you and others have gone through, I can't imagine watching Rescue Me without doing a lot of reliving those days. Therefore, the writers need to get the script back up to par. Denis is very familiar with what happened. He must wrap up the ending in the way it deserves to be done. The still have time to do it.

I'm going to keep trying to watch and see if it gets better.

I went over to the FX boards. There are some that agree with me. We just want the show to keep up its standards, especially on the final season.
    Thanks so much, Debb, for your kind words!!!

Well, I just watched last weeks and this weeks LAST night ... I have been behind in my tv viewing.

Interesting to say the least. Janet is taking Tommy back. We will see how that works out.

If you did not watch THIS Tuesday's show I will put my question in spoiler tags ... don't read it unless you want to IF you have not see 8/24's show.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Is Dominic dead in your opinion? When that ceiling came down on him, my DH yelled, "oh, he is dead". What do you think?
    KAREN

Wow, what an ending!!! Poor Damion, he was out the door, but then comes back because he likes the brotherhood of the firehouse, only to be crushed/smashed to death by falling debris out on the job. I feel bad for Shelia. And looks like the boss has some memory issues, maybe alzhemiers. So I'm thinking Needles will probably take his place next season. Really looking forward to the 2 hr season finale next week

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I can't believe it's the season finale already! I'm not ready for this one to end yet.

There are several things I like about Dennis Leary's involvement in the show (and also with his other projects, etc.), including the way everything isn't always gift wrapped at the end. I don't think Rescue Me will have that type of ending either. Nothing about the situation or the characters makes me believe all will turn out for the best - just like the tragedy that is the basis of the show. I think Leary is more realistic than that.

FORT Fanatic

hi -can someone let me know how this ends? i missed it tonite.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;4052886;
    hi -can someone let me know how this ends? i missed it tonite.
    I know they rerun it here on Friday nights (around 11-ish (mountain time)).

+ Reply to Thread