+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Rescue Me

Good show so far this season. I love the beginning of Tommy's self destruction. And taking his own daughter down with him? Wow.

I like the story lines and how they intersect while standing on their own (if that makes sense). And Lou? Are you kidding me? Who doesn't need a best friend like that? He's adorable while being so up-front and honest with Tommy. I thought it was interesting this past week when Lou was preparing for the cooking competition - but couldn't not eat - and Tommy not getting that. He seemed genuinely baffled by Lou's inability to stop eating, while he is killing himself with alcohol.

I thought I heard this is the last season - I sure hope I'm wrong. I've always liked Dennis Leary and am impressed by his acting.

Although I am a Denis Leary fan, I still somehow have never seen this show. I will be tuned in on Tues. night though as a friend of mine has a walk-on part on that episode. He is the assistant fire chief of our little town and they had a rafflle at the fire house with the big prize being this walk on role. He won the 3rd place prize of $100.00. The guy that won the big prize wanted the $100.00 instead so they switched.

Dave will be playing the cop who arrests someone inside a church.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4019179;
    Although I am a Denis Leary fan, I still somehow have never seen this show. I will be tuned in on Tues. night though as a friend of mine has a walk-on part on that episode. He is the assistant fire chief of our little town and they had a rafflle at the fire house with the big prize being this walk on role. He won the 3rd place prize of $100.00. The guy that won the big prize wanted the $100.00 instead so they switched.

Dave will be playing the cop who arrests someone inside a church.
    How cool is that!! I will look for him!! Love Rescue Me!!
    KAREN

I watched the show last night. I've missed a litte, so I think the episode I saw was a rerun. It ended with Tommy being led off by the police. I must admit, I'm not really sure what to think about this episode. I was actually turned off. I don't know why, but this season has just not felt right to me. I"m not sure why. The writing is just off IMO. Any others feel that way? It seems like everyone on this thread is happy with it.

Can someone tell me if that priest who called Tommy a coward is real or figment of Tommy's imagination. It seemd like no one else ever saw him.

He took his daughter to see the priest and she talked to him directly so I'm pretty sure he is real.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4023907;
    I watched the show last night. I've missed a litte, so I think the episode I saw was a rerun. It ended with Tommy being led off by the police. I must admit, I'm not really sure what to think about this episode. I was actually turned off. I don't know why, but this season has just not felt right to me. I"m not sure why. The writing is just off IMO. Any others feel that way? It seems like everyone on this thread is happy with it.

Can someone tell me if that priest who called Tommy a coward is real or figment of Tommy's imagination. It seemd like no one else ever saw him.
    No, the episode you watched wasn't a rerun and the priest is real. In an earlier episode this season , the guys went out on a call at the priest's church and rescued a virgin mary statue for him, which they got into an argument about because the priest said they damaged the statue. The priest also came to the fire house to thank them for saving the virgin mary and to give them a 40k bill to repair it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;4024667;
    No, the episode you watched wasn't a rerun and the priest is real. In an earlier episode this season , the guys went out on a call at the priest's church and rescued a virgin mary statue for him, which they got into an argument about because the priest said they damaged the statue. The priest also came to the fire house to thank them for saving the virgin mary and to give them a 40k bill to repair it.
    Okay. Thanks for the update. I think the guy is really funny.

I have to admit I am not really liking this season ... I don't know what it is ... but just that everyone is back to drinking and ALLOT. And now Colleen is a full blown alcoholic and does not want any help. It basically is a total trainwreck, speaking of everyone's lives on the show. Pat the firefighter dying with cancer from working down at Ground Zero ... very sad as it is so true but just so sad. The fire house may close due to budget cuts.

I don't know ... just not a real fan this season ... maybe it will get better.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4025786;
    I have to admit I am not really liking this season ... I don't know what it is ... but just that everyone is back to drinking and ALLOT. And now Colleen is a full blown alcoholic and does not want any help. It basically is a total trainwreck, speaking of everyone's lives on the show. Pat the firefighter dying with cancer from working down at Ground Zero ... very sad as it is so true but just so sad. The fire house may close due to budget cuts.

I don't know ... just not a real fan this season ... maybe it will get better.
    I agree. Let's hope it turns around and becomes great again.

I did take note that when Denis has been on talk shows over the last 6 months, he dosen't want to talk about Rescue Me. Once he NEVER mentioned it once. I got the feeling that he is done with it. If that's the case, it did not have his full attention and isn't the baby it used to be when he had something to prove. I hope I'm wrong.

I was sick with the way Nip Tuck went down hill in it's last few seasons. It was difficult to watch and I felt sorry for the cast. It was a painful way to go. I hope Rescue Me doesn't end that way. It's too good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4027159;
    I agree. Let's hope it turns around and becomes great again.

I did take note that when Denis has been on talk shows over the last 6 months, he dosen't want to talk about Rescue Me. Once he NEVER mentioned it once. I got the feeling that he is done with it. If that's the case, it did not have his full attention and isn't the baby it used to be when he had something to prove. I hope I'm wrong.

I was sick with the way Nip Tuck went down hill in it's last few seasons. It was difficult to watch and I felt sorry for the cast. It was a painful way to go. I hope Rescue Me doesn't end that way. It's too good for that.

Hey Debb, Ya, I know I will continue to watch. I DVR it, so I won't necessarily watch it Tues nights but I will finish out the season. Just disppointed right now. ITA, it doesn't seem like DL is interested anymore.

For my family, DH was working in the Towers on 9/11 ... we went through allot and watching the show, NYC and the firefighters brings back many memories for us.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread