+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rescue Me

Re: Rescue Me (Season 4)

Season 5 started last night. I'm so glad this show is back on. I need a good laugh. Sean and Mike are 2 of the biggest idiots ever. Sean the brains, Mike and money, and Franco the braun in there latest scheme of buying a bar.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

FINALLY!!! I LOVED the writing in this episode - I'm glad it's back, but I felt like this was an "old school" Rescue Me as far as style and writing.

The first 5 minutes though - whoa!!!

Lou is STILL the funniest character on the show (and I totally love Uncle Teddy but he wasn't too visible in this ep, but I am sure he will be back).

Michael J. Fox is still funny and I think once Tommy realizes what's going on, it's going to make for some good comedy.

Losing an eye or a testicle?? LOL!!

I'm glad it's back and hope it stays as good as this episode.

Eww, the old chiropractor lady humping Sean's back. Nasty, but funny as hell too. Oh and the bar scene, lmao, an all black bar.

RESCUE ME on FX

Rescue Me 10/9c FX New
    When last we saw Tommy Gavin, he was bleeding out after Teddy shot him. You might not be surprised to learn that he survived, but it was touch-and-go, as you'll discover in tonight's Season 6 premiere.
    KAREN

Re: Rescue Me

THANK YOU. I didn't know it came on tonight! I have been waiting for this show. Wouldn't you know that I missed the last 10 minutes of last season's finale! LOL I know what happened though.

I have heard Tommy say they have 2 more seasons left and that all of them have already been filmed.

I hope this season is better than the last. I wasn't wild about last season's storylines. I thought it was too boring. I hope this season shakes things up a little.

GREAT epi!!!
    KAREN

I'm not sure what to think about last night's show. Perhaps I was too sleepy to pay attention. Can you help me out?

Is Tommy still in a coma or something? Are all of the things he is doing real or in a dream? At the beginning of last night's show he was with the all the dead fire fighters from 9-11, then poof, he was inside a burning room with people asking for help. Then boom, the fires envelope him. Was that when he was killed really and is everything after that a dream or pergatory? Maybe, I'm reading too much into it.

Oh, please remind how Tommy killed the daughter of the guy who shot Tommy last season?

Would they even allow a fireman in NY to have hair as long as Tommy's. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3956812;
    I'm not sure what to think about last night's show. Perhaps I was too sleepy to pay attention. Can you help me out?

Is Tommy still in a coma or something? Are all of the things he is doing real or in a dream? At the beginning of last night's show he was with the all the dead fire fighters from 9-11, then poof, he was inside a burning room with people asking for help. Then boom, the fires envelope him. Was that when he was killed really and is everything after that a dream or pergatory? Maybe, I'm reading too much into it.

Oh, please remind how Tommy killed the daughter of the guy who shot Tommy last season?

Would they even allow a fireman in NY to have hair as long as Tommy's. Just curious.
    Debb, I c&p from different websites. The guy that shot him, Teddy was Tommy's Uncle and the lady that died was not Teddy's daughter but Teddy's wife.

Rescue Me, Season 6 Episode 1.
    Rescue Me understands the thought process behind an action packed season premiere, and “Legacy” fell nothing short of enjoyable.
    Last season left us with a killing cliffhanger where no one knew the underlying fate of Tommy. In fact, everyone was almost sure he was dead after seeing him shot by Teddy and lying in a pool of his own blood at the bar. Thankfully, his story has been revealed and it’s great to see that he’s still alive. Tommy’s injured, but alive and that’s good news.

The first few minutes of the show were as compelling as ever. Tommy laying dead but then revived while enduring shooting flashbacks of a waiting station where he saw the fellow men he served with during 9/11. Tommy is still haunted by the things he's encountered in his life, particularly when he ran into the burning building and lost lives including Sheila who he witnessed being strangled.

The episode revolves around the ideal that Tommy will survive but he is not untouchable. Tommy can be damaged, he can be hurt and the firehouse can be as well. Tommy’s stay in the hospital seemed to scare the hell out of everyone in fact. No one saw something like this coming and it’s something that has shaken the entire community.

Rescue Me Season 6 Episode 1:Watch Season Premiere Legacy Online S06E01

Rescue Me, Season 5 from Wiki:
    Much of Season 5 also follows Tommy's extended family—Cousin Mickey, Cousin Eddie, Uncle Teddy and Teddy's wife Ellie—as they all return to drinking after spending several months in AA. In the finale episode, the four are drinking with Tommy when an obviously drunk Ellie leaves to pick up a dog she and Teddy had adopted. Shortly after leaving, Ellie is shown running a red light and crashing her car. In the final episode, it is revealed that the crash was fatal. Teddy confronts his nephews and Tommy in the gang's bar, clearly pointing the finger of blame at Tommy. The cliffhanger for the next season is set after Teddy shoots Tommy twice in the shoulder during an after-hours party, apparently leaving Tommy to bleed to death. Teddy threatens to kill anyone who tries to leave and go for help.

Hope some of this helps answer your questions.

ITA, I thought of that instantly when watching, DL's hair is way too long. DL is from my hometown in Boston (actually Worcester, MA) he is there all the time!!!
    KAREN

Thanks Momrek. That info helps a lot. I guess I"m tring to read too much into it.

I have heard Denis say that the ending of the show will be very shocking at the very end. That has just got my mind going wild.

I think I have missed some stuff too, so I am going to review some of the older seasons. Maybe then it will all come back to me.

Ref. Denis is your hometown. Does he wear a leather jacket in the summer time too? He has been on talk shows lately when I know it is nearly 100 degrees outside and he has on a leather jacket. I don't get it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3958804;
    Thanks Momrek. That info helps a lot. I guess I"m tring to read too much into it.

I have heard Denis say that the ending of the show will be very shocking at the very end. That has just got my mind going wild.

I think I have missed some stuff too, so I am going to review some of the older seasons. Maybe then it will all come back to me.

Ref. Denis is your hometown. Does he wear a leather jacket in the summer time too? He has been on talk shows lately when I know it is nearly 100 degrees outside and he has on a leather jacket. I don't get it. LOL

Haha, you are right he ALWAYS has that bomber style leather jacket on!!! Also as far as this Season, I read there will only be 10 episodes and then they will film the last Season of Rescue Me to air 2011 and the finale will be around the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread