+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gossip Girl

Re: Gossip Girl

Seriously, I'm so angry at the way they're making Serena look like a "fallen hero" in the show, when in the books she's actually a total ho. Now Blair's going to be the villain, when in actuality, she's the one who truly gets screwed over constantly by Serena. Oh well, I really should compare the book to the show, should I? I'll only end up being disappointed.

As a show, it was decent. Not bad, but could have been better. LOVE the girl who is playing Blair - she's perfect.

And they need better music. The only scene where the music and the video matched really well was the opening scene with Serena on the train.

i cant believe i am watching this show lol

but it was pretty decent, i thought the first half kinda lacked but the second was pretty good, but i think its pretty obvious how the season is going to go

perhaps they changed serena's character to make someone actually likable on the show lol

In this case, I'm very glad I'm not at all familiar with the books. If I was I think I would be more disappointed rather than pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2579452;
    Seriously, I'm so angry at the way they're making Serena look like a "fallen hero" in the show, when in the books she's actually a total ho. Now Blair's going to be the villain, when in actuality, she's the one who truly gets screwed over constantly by Serena. Oh well, I really should compare the book to the show, should I? I'll only end up being disappointed.

As a show, it was decent. Not bad, but could have been better. LOVE the girl who is playing Blair - she's perfect.

And they need better music. The only scene where the music and the video matched really well was the opening scene with Serena on the train.
    I agree with everything you said GossipGirlANTM, you typed the words I was about to type!

Although it doesn't really follow the books, I'm so hooked on this show already.
    omg, stunning~*~.

Haven't read the books, which is probably good as I usually prefer books to their movies, and I'm loving it so far. Great guilty pleasure tv, which I watch way too much of.

I must be OLD because I didn't know this was based on a book. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed the show and, not having any preconceived notions that some of the fans of the book did, I don't have any problems with the way the characters are portrayed. I actually really like Blake Lively and think she's doing a good job with the role of Serena.

It's funny you mention not liking the music GossipGirl, because I actually remember thinking that I really liked it.

All in all, I'll probably be tuning in next week. If we can't have VM, then at least we can hear her every week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought the music was one of the things that seemed to tie the show and the themes/emotions of the show together.

Finally, after watching the first episode, I'm a bit disappointed. I mean, the show is not really bad, but it's just too classic. Nothing original. A classic blonde vs brunette, with the nice blonde, the bitchy brunette, the guy in the middle who likes the brunette, but is secretly in love with the blonde ... Nothing new here. And as I thought, Serena is a miscast. No offence to the actress, but she looks 25, it's old for a highschool girl.
    I fail to recognise the correlation between "losing ten grand", "hospitalising Gorgeous" and "a good deal"

She does look old, I agree, but I'm 24 and living on the Upper East Side right now, and many of the uniform clad kids that I see look older than me. I don't think it's entirely unrealistic for these kids to look older than they are.

I really like the show. It's interesting. I haven't read the books though.

+ Reply to Thread