+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gossip Girl

Re: Gossip Girl

Forgot to TIVO it. Will do that soon. Sad that I missed the first episode, though.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Ok maybe I missed something being so late to the show, but these ARE highschool kids right?
    How are they in clubs ordering Martinis and such all the time?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

At bars and clubs, fakes? At restaurants, they definitely don't always check.

At a restaurant, i was totally carded. it does bug me though, how they're so cavalier when showing them drinking.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I agree. It's far too easy for them. I get carded all the time even when I'm with my family. They won't let me into the lounge part of a restaurant here but these guys get in so easy! I know it's not real, but it is indicative of the people/teens who are able to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3203567;
    At a restaurant, i was totally carded. it does bug me though, how they're so cavalier when showing them drinking.
    I STILL get carded! I'm a married mother of 2 who is a heck of a lot closer to 30 than 21 that's for sure.

At a bar is one thing but when Hubby and I are just at a nice restaurant,
    It makes me want to start doing that whole finger waving neck shaking b*tch please routine. Oh well... I suppose someday I'll appreciate it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Usually if I'm out for dinner, I don't get carded. Occasionally, but I don't far more often than I do. I've also been to dinner with people who were under 21 and they weren't carded, either.

I just got caught up on both the first and second seasons, and I hate to admit that I'm absolutely LOVING it! I usually hate teen shows so this one took me completely by surprise. I think a huge part of why I love it so much is because it takes place here in the city and they film on my college campus every few weeks, but it's a cute above the other teen shows, I think. There were so many twists and turns I never expected - like Eric being gay, Blair telling the professors at Yale about Serena killing someone, and Blair's Lord boyfriend having an affair with his stepmom I've noticed that the show's becoming the Jenny show more and more though, every episode seems to be centered around her now!

Was Jenny's new friend, Agness I think, an actress on The OC? I think she played Marissa's sister or something.

Anyways, once again Jenny gets swayed by a new crowd, it just shows how weak minded she is. Personally, I find her character to lack depth or substance......then again I find that with most of the characters on GG *coughSerenaandNatecough*.

I wish they'd stop the will they/won't they with Blair and Chuck and just make them a couple already. I really hope they don't drag it out forever.

Didn't they do that this week? Chuck said he didn't want to ruin any chance they'd have when they were older and wiser.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread