+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gossip Girl

Re: Gossip Girl

This Is What I Found on The CW Gossip Girl Blog:
    Spoilers to some who haven't watch it yet...

Whoa.
    May 13th, 2008

Whoa. That’s all I can say. Let’s take a moment to stop and reflect…

Okay. Wow. I don’t even know where to begin. I really don’t. Hmm…well, when I said I loved old Serena and wanted to see her back I wasn’t expecting that. Now, I love a party girl as much as the next but when Serena parties she takes it to a whole new level. She makes Amy Winehouse look like Emma Roberts. The night before was pretty chilly with Serena coming to Blair’s house and admitting those words: “I killed someone”. But it turns out, when Blair went upstairs to get one of her mother’s valiums to help calm Serena down, Serena vanished. Blair tried desperately to find her but she wasn’t answering her phone and it seemed every time Blair called one of Serena’s old stomping grounds she had just missed her.

Blair wasn’t the only one worried for Serena. Dan had been searching for her all morning. He was intent on making up with her after their tiff the night before. Dan even turned to Chuck for help (hell officially had frozen over). Dan went to the Palace to see if maybe Chuck had any idea where Serena could be. Of course, Chuck was little help. When Chuck received a call in front of Dan and told the person on the other end that Serena hadn’t come home all night, Dan became even more suspicious. While pacing outside the Palace, Dan bumped into “Sarah” or rather, Georgina, no wait she’s “Sarah” to Dan. It’s hard to keep track if she’s being crazy or crazier. “Sarah” played coy and said she had a friend from Portland staying at the Palace. But we all knew she was waiting as well for Serena. Serena and Georgina needed to hang out because that’s what friends do and they’re friends. When Dan’s phone finally rang it was Serena’s name on the caller ID. Finally! But when he answered it, Dan was taken aback. Instead of it being Serena it was some dude, a bartender actually. He said he found Serena’s phone and Dan’s number was the 1st one on speed dial. Her phone had been ringing off the hook. Dan asked where Serena was and the guy said “no clue. But she did leave with three guys around 2am.” Slut! Dan was heartbroken.

Upstairs at The Palace, Lily was in the midst of wedding mayhem. Not only was her wedding only hours away but she also had to do an interview for Rolling Stone. And what were the questions mostly about? Oh, her little romance with Lincoln Hawk front man, Rufus Humphrey. Lily felt uncomfortable about the interrogation. She only wanted to speak about her photographs not her love life. This was Rolling Stone not Us Weekly. Luckily Dan saved her by interrupting. He asked Lily if she had seen Serena. Lily told him Charles had just left to go get her at Blair’s. Damn it, “Charles” lol!

116serena-lilya.jpg

Blair called in her troops, or rather Chuck and Nate, to help her. She had found Serena and the outlook was pretty gloomy. Serena was a mess, but luckily her old friends knew how to deal with her. The fab four definitely seemed to have a routine down with handling a wasted Serena. They looked to actually be doing a good job, until Dan crashed the sobering up party. At first Dan was turned away. Blair, Nate and Chuck all told him the same thing: Serena didn’t want to see him. Dan was beyond confused. Who the hell were the three dysfunctional Musketeers to block him from his girlfriend? Serena came downstairs and confronted Dan. He begged her to be honest with him. I mean, hello he was the best boyfriend ever. He’d understand anything. But Serena wasn’t budging. Instead she admitted that she slept with someone else the night before. And when Dan’s heart couldn’t be torn apart even more it was. He was done with it all and walked out right there. And that’s when, Serena finally broke down.

Serena’s friends quickly came to her aid. Though they also wanted to know what was going on in Serena’s head. Did she really cheat on Dan? Serena said she didn’t. They were all confused. If Serena didn’t cheat on Dan why couldn’t she just tell him the truth? Serena said what she had done was so awful that Dan could never, ever find out. The friends urged her to shoot. Serena could tell them anything. Come on, they’d seen Serena with puke in her hair, making out with random people in bar bathrooms, plus they’d done pretty horrible acts themselves. They were like the non-judging Breakfast Club. And finally, Serena told them the truth.

So remember that night last year when Serena and Nate did it on the bar? I mean, how could we forget? Well, apparently the even juicier stuff happened afterwards. Serena felt so bad for sleeping with her best friend’s boyfriend (as she should!) that she fled the Campbell Apartment right after it happened. She went to a hotel where Georgina was. When she got there Georgina was with their dealer, Pete, ready to party, but Serena was no fun. She was so sickened by what she had just done. Unbeknownst to Serena, Georgina had set up a video camera in hopes of making a “genuine Serena van der Woodsen sex tape.” Pete tried to make the moves on Serena but she wasn’t feeling it. Instead, she suggested they do a line. Pete took the first bump. Unfortunately, that would be his last bump. All of a sudden, he started convulsing. Serena was shocked. She called for Georgina and the two panicked. When Serena went to grab the hotel phone to call 911, Georgina said not to. There were drugs and alcohol everywhere and they were underage. Serena couldn’t just let Pete seize like that so she grabbed his cell and called for help. The girls ran out of the hotel and decided it’d be best if they split up. Being the actual good person she is, Serena stuck around to see if Pete was okay. As she waited outside the hotel, there were tons of paramedics everywhere. And then she saw the worst thing ever: a body bag getting wheeled out on a stretcher. Omfg! Pete was dead. And soon enough, Serena was on the next train to Connecticut for boarding school.

Blair, Nate and Chuck were stunned by Serena’s confession. Serena pleaded with them not to tell a soul. They agreed they wouldn’t. Unfortunately, Dorota, Blair’s housekeeper, wasn’t as clueless as we all thought. After seeing the kids taking care of a hazy Serena, she called Lily to tell her that her daughter was on drugs. She seemed like her old self. Furious, Lily went on a rampage in Serena’s room determined to find out if her daughter was back to her old habits. Instead of finding drugs, Lily found something almost as worse (or just as worse, I’m not sure): the tape Georgina made of Serena that night. Lily put it in and watched the part where Serena and Pete began to make out. She quickly closed the computer, unable to stomach the rest. Lily was furious. How did her daughter turn into Kim Kardashian?

When Serena finally cleaned herself up and came to the rehearsal dinner, Lily gave it to her. She could not believe Serena had reverted back to “old Serena.” Lily was fed up. What else could she do? Serena had to go to reformatory school. Serena didn’t even put up a fight and accepted her mother’s punishment. Um, WTF? But Blair wasn’t going to let the soon to be Mrs. Bass send Serena away that fast. She confronted Lily and told her that Serena was hurting. Lily needed to intervene and help her daughter since she didn’t even know the half of it. Blair told Lily what really happened and Lily was once again stunned. Geez, this was a lot to take in. Especially at her rehearsal dinner! Lily grabbed Serena and told her they were going somewhere. With the help of Chuck, Lily had the address of Pete’s family and was taking Serena there so she could tell them what really happened that night.

116dan-georginaa.jpg

Meanwhile at the concert, Dan was hanging out with “Sarah”. She had called him at the exact right time: just after he left Blair’s. “Sarah” finagled her way into getting invited to be Dan’s date to the show. And boy, was she loving Dan’s attention. Though, she had a near discovery when some random girl started calling her name. No, not “Sarah” but GEORGINA! She played it cool and pretended the girl had the wrong person. Dan was sort of confused. Huh?

Vanessa was also at the show because she was Rufus’ roadie. Luckily the night wasn’t going to be all work. She had a date too. Um, working and going on a date at the same time? Not all that professional, but when your date is Nate Archibald who the f cares? Nate was supposed to come to the show and hang out with her while she played with lights and thingys. So cute. He was running a little late and called to tell her so. What a gentleman. Vanessa mentioned “Sarah” was at the concert as well and suddenly it clicked for Nate. He told her that “Sarah” wasn’t her real name. She was actually named Georgina and Serena had just told them all a pretty crazy story about her. Nate said to keep her at the concert; he’d be there soon. Vanessa was skeptical. This all just sounded way too weird. These Upper East Side kids were kind of crazy.

After Serena talked to the family all she wanted to do was to go to Dan and tell him everything. Lily agreed and took her to the concert. Yep, the one that Lincoln Hawk was performing at. And yep, Rufus was going to be there, obviously! Nate was on his way to the concert (which was FYI, in Queens, gross) as well when he called Blair to tell her Georgina was there too. Blair was elated to find out Georgina’s location. And who did she share this information with? Why, her partner in crime, Chuck Bass, of course. Good to see that even though these two don’t really like each other they still like to scheme. Blair and Chuck agreed it was time for the bitch to get what was coming to her. Watch out, Georgina.

116blair-chucka.jpg

Being the yenta she is, Vanessa had to investigate Nate’s claims about “Sarah.” While Dan was backstage, Vanessa confronted “Sarah”. She asked her if there was anything she needed to tell her. “Sarah” said no and then Vanessa busted out with, “really? Georgina?” “Sarah”’s face went white. Vanessa then told her that Nate had just called her and said that Serena recounted a pretty crazy story about her. Georgina was shocked and ran away (what a wimp!) Dan came back over to Vanessa and she told him what just happened. Now Dan was beyond bewildered. What the hell was going on?

Soon after, Dan found a crying Georgina in a corner (while Lisa Loeb was performing, no less). She told him a sob story about how she had some jealous boyfriend who was obsessed with her, blah, blah, blah, bitch is crazy. And Dan fell for it. He’s just too good. Ugh. Georgina confessed to him that she was falling for him. Dan was taken aback and then he did something that was so unlike Dan Humphrey. He said they should get out of there and with that she took his hand and they were off.

About 2.5 seconds later, Serena showed up looking for Dan. Blair, Chuck and Nate arrived too. Vanessa told them that Georgina had left but Dan was still around somewhere. Serena was so relieved and she and Blair went off to find him. Then, Nate and Vanessa walked off to have a real date (aw, cute) leaving Chuck to enjoy the early ‘90s rock all by himself.

Rufus took the stage and started performing one of his two hit wonders, “Everytime.” Um, do I have to get my eyes checked or is Rufus kind of really hot? Well, anyways as he performed guess who walked in and stood to the side watching? Lily! She didn’t throw her bra on the stage like the old times or put up a lighter, but she did watch him sing. Their eyes met and Rufus was transfixed on her. Lily walked out right as the song was ending and as soon as Rufus played his last chord he went chasing after her. Lily began walking to the car but Rufus blocked her. She told him to get out of her way but Rufus wouldn’t budge. So Lily did the unbelievable and kissed him! Like long and hard! Can someone open a window or something? Because for two old people that was way hot.

116rufusa.jpg

Serena searched furiously around the studio for Dan with no luck. When Blair’s phone rang and it said Humphrey was calling, Serena was so excited. She grabbed the phone to talk to her amazing boyfriend and omg, Georgina was on the other end! Serena was shocked. Georgina told her that she heard Serena had told their little secret. If that was the way Serena wanted to play it, then that would be how they’d play it. And it wasn’t about what Georgina was going to do but rather who! Serena said Dan was too good. He would never. Georgina laughed and asked if she was really certain of that. Georgina hung up (and pocketed Dan’s battery, hello crazy) as Dan brought her coffee. The two sat down on a front stoop and began talking and then OMG, Georgina kissed Dan! BITCH! But OMG, he then kissed her back! And the two went off to God knows where.

Um…what is Dan doing?? And why is he falling for Georgina’s crazy act? It makes me so mad. Sure, Georgina generates a ton of gossip and I should love her for that but really. She is starting to really piss me off. Dan might be from Brooklyn and a total loser but he and Serena are actually good together and, well, this just makes me very upset. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Blair and Chuck do something good. It’d be nice to have our resident plotters back in action and ready to make Georgina’s life hell. There’s nothing Gossip Girl loves more than sweet revenge.
    >>>Its time for a Plus-sized Winner!!!
    >>>Whitney is fierce
    >>>KatAnya is better

I was kind of disappointed with this past episode.
    It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

Yeah! that's exactly how I felt too

It was definitely not up to GG standards. It was really a let down. After last week I was excited to watch and halfway through I really lost interest. It was just not what I expected. It was a lot worse than expected which is disappointing. I hope next week is better. I missed the preview, so I have no idea what it'll be about, but it better be good!

Oh i thought it was an awesome episode! How great was serenas mom? And how amazing was her kiss with Rufus!!!!!! i really hope he comes and breaks up their wedding and they end up together...

I also loved how Nate, Chuck and Blair all came together as a group to help Serena.. I hope that they can all get over the past and be friends again.. well i really hope that Chuck and Blair become more than friends... Can't wait for monday!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

[QUOTE=Toby;3001583;]Oh i thought it was an awesome episode! How great was serenas mom? And how amazing was her kiss with Rufus!!!!!! i really hope he comes and breaks up their wedding and they end up together...

I know Rufus and Lily need to be together!
    Hopefully Rufus will crash the wedding....
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

So what about last nights finale???

I really liked the way it ended, even though most of the couples are now on the outs.. I gotta say, i think i might be pro a nate/serena couple for next season.. And did everyone catch lydia hearst's appearance at the end? If she is not completely perfect to guest star on gossip girl than i dont know who is...

Already can't wait for next season!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I loved the whole season finale!!
    Finally Dan and Serena seem to be on the outs, (I hated them together)
    It seems like it will most likely be Nate/Serena and Dan/Vanessa next season (yay), and I really wanted Chuck and Blair to be together, but it seems like each already found someone else. Oh well, can't wait for Season 2.
    Lily/Rufus FTW!!

I haven't posted here on FORT in the longest, glad to know that when I came back I thought about Gossip Girl first. Ugh, I can't believe the season is already over, it feels just like yesterday Serena was returning from boarding school and Jenny was about to get date raped on a rooftop. All in all I'm very pleased and satisfied with the first season. Although I wish there was more drama in the season finale, my expectations weren't exceeded. I was extremely excited when Blair and Chuck had gotten together, but then extremely devastated when he decided to turn around from their relationship. But I think though it was used for more anticipation for next season, and to give them more of a storyline than rather them just being dull and "lovey-dovey" like Serena and Dan. And I'm guessing next season Blair might have a small relationship with the guy she met at the end of the episode. I don't think Dan and Vanessa will be getting together, I think Dan will just see her as a best friend as always; but rather I do think Serena and Nate will happen, it can work well for stirring drama between Blair and Dan towards Serena.

There were certain executions from the plot for these final episodes that I liked and disliked. For the ones I liked, Eric coming out of the closet(great), Jenny's fall(amazing!), Chuck and Blair's relationship(intriguing), and Georgina's evil scheme(scandalous). I disliked the poor executions of Serena's "murder", the relationship between Rufus and Lilly(they left a huge gap with so many questions and just jumped from one end to the other), and the ridding of Georgina(it was done so dully and quickly). But I'm not mad, Gossip Girl was amazing!
    omg, stunning~*~.

I liked the season finale but I didn't at the same time. Probably cause there weren't enough episodes! (evil writers!) It really does seem like I was just watching Serena steal Blair's thunder in Bad News Blair (my favorite episode!) and Jenny's climb and descent from the top.
    Am I the only one here who doesn't like Rufus and Lily?!?!? I don't want to see them together! IDK why I just don't.
    I'm glad Serena and Dan aren't together anymore! I didn't like them together and more room for drama!
    Blair can be her own bad self no matter what! I want to see more stylish outfits now! (Loved Blair's dress, hated Serena's Ralph Lauren brides maids dress! !)
    I actually love Jenny's character development throughout the series! She really grew up and is finally starting to do something positive with her life!
    (I will overlook the FUG dress she made Vanessa! !)
    Nate and Serena should get together!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

+ Reply to Thread