+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aida Turrturro (Janice Soprano)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Aida Turrturro (Janice Soprano)

Character profile from HBO.com
    "I've been looking for my soul mate all my life. Madonn' have I looked."

Janice is Tony's big sister, the eldest child of Livia and Johnny Boy Soprano. Unlike her brother, who's spent most of his life within a short radius of his birthplace, Janice had a serious case of wanderlust. She hated her home life while growing up and was constantly at odds with her mother. (Livia chided her about her weight and, according to Janice, once put broken glass in her daughter's iced tea) So as soon as she graduated from high school, Janice hit the road.

A selective list of Janice's activities over the next twenty-odd years includes the following: she lived in San Francisco, Los Angeles, where she joined an ashram. While living in the ashram, she worked for a moving company and changed her name to Parvati Wasatch; "Parvati" after a Hindu goddess and "Wasatch" after a Utah mountain range. She traveled around Europe, where she married a French Canadian named Eugene, and had a son they named Harpo. (Now a teenager, he lives in Montreal with his father and has changed his name to Hal.) Eventually, Parvati ended up in Seattle, working in an espresso bar. She left that job after convincing a Workers Comp board that she had developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from operating the steamed milk machine.

Parvati was living off her disability checks when word reached her of Livia's stroke. Letting bygones be bygones, she returned to New Jersey to take care of her invalid mother - and her inheritance. Going home wasn't her only retro move: she changed her name back to Janice and became engaged to her old flame, Richie Aprile. The re-christened Janice tried hard to be make their relationship work - she even let Richie hold a gun to her head during sex - but it wasn't meant to be. One night at the dinner table he hit her in the mouth, so she got a gun from the kitchen and shot him to death. Shortly thereafter Tony dispatched the grieving almost-widow back to Seattle.

But when Livia died, Janice came home to stay. In short order she got into a dispute with Svetlana - the Russian woman Tony hired to look after Livia following the Richie incident - over Livia's record collection. Svetlana said that Livia had given the records to her; Janice insisted she return them. The cold war escalated quickly: Janice stole Svetlana's prosthetic leg, ransoming it for the LP's. Svetlana retaliated by having a couple of her friends break some of Janice's ribs. While hospitalized, Janice experienced an epiphany and found Christ. She currently lives in the house where she grew up and ardently pursues her latest vocation: Christian rock music.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Fantastic actress - she cracks me up whenever she's on. The episode where she killed her fiancee was classic.

I wonder if there's a rule that every tv personality named Janice must be annoying? Janice from Friends.....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I REALLY hate her character. She must be a fantastic actress because I can't stand her.

Tonight when she was bringing food to everyone that she didn't cook I was fascinated by my disdain for her

LG.
    I love how Uncle Junior busted her for taking Carm's lasagna as he's got everyone's recipe memorized.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

That was classic LG! Poor Uncle J....he doesn't have a lot to live for does he?

I can't remember...is his cancer in remission?

+ Reply to Thread