+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: The Tudors

I'm so thrilled that CBC has bought this series for the Fall. Finally going to get a chance to see it.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2425898;
    They did a recap before the season final. I wouldn't think they would put it on demand sadly
    Well Episdoe 10 is now available on deman on Showtime and I have seen it...well...it was a very INTERESTING ending...lol...I think its a little off what we have read of history but it made for some excellent drama...but I could have done without the first 2-3 minutes...when you see it, you will know what I mean...thats just not something I cared to see...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2429691;
    Well Episdoe 10 is now available on deman on Showtime and I have seen it...well...it was a very INTERESTING ending...lol...I think its a little off what we have read of history but it made for some excellent drama...but I could have done without the first 2-3 minutes...when you see it, you will know what I mean...thats just not something I cared to see...
    Ive seen it already as well.. I assumed it was to be shown this weekend at the normal time.. but we got Epi 9 twice? Wonder if it was a mix up??
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fanatic

Where do you see episode 10? It won't show on Sunday night? I only saw episode 9 this past sunday!

Show On Demand had it
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

Are the epi's available anywhere besides Sho on Demand? I don't currently have it and I have yet to see anything beyond episode 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2429691;
    but I could have done without the first 2-3 minutes...when you see it, you will know what I mean...thats just not something I cared to see...
    Agree on that one-- not an image I needed!

It looks like they are not going to introduce the character of Thomas Cranmer, sort of surprising as he is pretty interesting, and are instead having his role in the divorce played by Cromwell.

Obviously they were inaccurate with Woolsey's demise, but you can see the spin they wanted to try to put on it for dramatic effect. One little detail that was actually somewhat accurate was the play at court they showed being acted out while it happened-- I remember reading that after he died, Anne's family staged a masque called "On the descent of Cardinal Woolsey into Hell"... I think I also remember reading that Henry VIII found that in bad taste. It is interesting how this series will have huge historical inaccuracies, and put in so many things inappropriate for the times, but throw in small details here and there that people will have little idea are actually correct.

There will be another season, but we will have to wait until next year. I guess, from what they show, next season will probably go up until Anne's death. Wondering who they will have play Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2437428;
    Agree on that one-- not an image I needed!

It looks like they are not going to introduce the character of Thomas Cranmer, sort of surprising as he is pretty interesting, and are instead having his role in the divorce played by Cromwell.

Obviously they were inaccurate with Woolsey's demise, but you can see the spin they wanted to try to put on it for dramatic effect. One little detail that was actually somewhat accurate was the play at court they showed being acted out while it happened-- I remember reading that after he died, Anne's family staged a masque called "On the descent of Cardinal Woolsey into Hell"... I think I also remember reading that Henry VIII found that in bad taste. It is interesting how this series will have huge historical inaccuracies, and put in so many things inappropriate for the times, but throw in small details here and there that people will have little idea are actually correct.

There will be another season, but we will have to wait until next year. I guess, from what they show, next season will probably go up until Anne's death. Wondering who they will have play Jane.
    I would have to look again but I thought this was only going up to his marriage to Anne.. not beyond. The talk has been beyond that to do other people in the Tudors Line.

Ok, so that does hold for next season too then? It is a shame-- they are going to have to stretch things out a bit, and we won't get to see scenes like the birth of Elizabeth, Anne catching Henry with Jane and "miscarrying her savior," the trial, and such. They also kind of alluded in the previews to Anne and the axe... well, will watch no matter what!

I guess they will go ahead and show her created Marchioness of Pembroke next season, then, which I sort of expected this season (unless I missed it, lol). It was a big step for him to create a woman a peer in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2424164;
    Now see, I thought the casted her dead on. Of all the paintings I have seen of her there is a strong, strong liking.
    Oops, just realized, you meant Katherine, not Anne! With Katherine, I had thought the looks were off in that she actually had red-blonde hair, not black, was supposed to be rather short, and by the time of the divorce, quite stout. She does do a good job with the part, though.

I can't remember, but I don't think they introduced her friend Maria de Salinas... another unfortunate character omission (probably did it to have that scene early on where a "friendless" Katherine confided in Bessie Blount). I think they showed in the last episode her daughter, Catherine Willoughby, briefly-- Catherine was the ward of Charles Brandon and Mary, and soon after Mary died, Brandon married her at the age of I think 14. They will have to bring Chapuys back; I don't see how they will get anyone else to fill his role... his correspondence is a good source of what happened at the time, like this letter- Primary Sources: The fall of Anne Boleyn, 1536

If they have decided to go to Anne's execution, I wonder if they will show that it wasn't an axe, as they alluded in the previews, but in her case but a sword-- Henry had the executioner brought over from Calais, guess he thought it would make him look like a decent guy.

+ Reply to Thread