+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Re: The Tudors

If anyone has DirectTV, they're going to run all four seasons of The Tudors on Channel 101, starting sometime in January.

And I'll definitely be watching The Borgias, if only for Jeremy Irons. Nobody does diabolical better....
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;4129137;
    If anyone has DirectTV, they're going to run all four seasons of The Tudors on Channel 101, starting sometime in January.

And I'll definitely be watching The Borgias, if only for Jeremy Irons. Nobody does diabolical better....
    I think this coincides with the BBC America recast. Personally, I can't wait to watch the entire series again. I miss it. I am a total Tudors ho. I even bought some of the jewelry from the series from Sorelli.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well, after all this time, I finally got around to watching The Tudors for the first time last week and once I watched episode one, I was completely hooked so I proceeded to watch the entire four seasons last week.

Amazing show, amazing production and and amazing cast. Jonathan Rhys Meyers did such an excellent job portraying the nuances of Henry VIII and while we know later on in life, Henry was a morbidly obese, sweaty, paranoid mess of a man, I was perfectly fine with seeing a less portly version of him portrayed. Jonathan Rhys Meyers breathed life into that character.

All the actresses playing his queens were great too.

The rest of the cast were on-point as well. I mean, come on...Sam Neill as Cardinal Wolsey, Jeremy Northam as Sir Thomas Moore, to say nothing of Peter O'Toole as the pope? Doesn't get any better than that.

I've always been fascinated with this particular period in British history every since it was a part of social studies / history curriculum way back in junior high school.

I hate that it's over. It was all so epic, I need to experience it once more by watching it all over again.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I've always been fascinated with this particular period in British history every since it was a part of social studies / history curriculum way back in junior high school. I hate that it's over. It was all so epic, I need to experience it once more by watching it all over again.
    bee stung lips, if you want to see 2 other INCREDIBLY FABULOUS similar series of the same period in British history, check out these 2:

The 1970 PBS series "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" which starred Keith Michell as Henry. (And he REALLY looks like King Henry!)

The 1971 PBS series "Elizabeth R" starring Glenda Jackson as Queen Elizabeth. (Best Queen Elizabeth portrayal EVER!!!)

You can probably get them both from your local library.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    bee stung lips, if you want to see 2 other INCREDIBLY FABULOUS similar series of the same period in British history, check out these 2:

The 1970 PBS series "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" which starred Keith Michell as Henry. (And he REALLY looks like King Henry!)

The 1971 PBS series "Elizabeth R" starring Glenda Jackson as Queen Elizabeth. (Best Queen Elizabeth portrayal EVER!!!)

You can probably get them both from your local library.
    Thanks for the info.

Last week after i finished watching the series I went hunting around on Youtube for documentaries etc on the subject and actually spotted "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" on YouTube. I added it to my "Watch List" and plan to watch it sometime this week.

Will check out the other one you mentioned as well. Its all so fascinating.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread