+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Tudors

After all, the show is called The TudorS---and Mary and Elizabeth would certainly fall in that group! Who knows....

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I still have to watch this season and hope I can still find it online. I saw the dream sequence and I liked it. Henry Cavill is the hotness. Natalie Dormer/Anne ruled on that show.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3955103;
    I'm reading a book called "No Will but His" about Kathryn Howard (it's fiction, but came highly recommended.
    That is a good book, but try to read the Philippa Gregory books,
    The Other Boleyn Girl ( Mary and Anne Boleyn), The Boleyn Inheritance ( Anne of Cleves, Katherine Howard and Jane Rockford (George Boleynn's widow), and The Constant Princess ( Katherine of Aragon). They are fiction, but full of actual historical detail and really helped me understand The Tudors easier. They explain the politics and history surrounding Henry VIII and his passion for a son.

ps, the movie The Other Boleyn Girl was almost unrecognizable compared to the book.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3955822;
    That is a good book, but try to read the Philippa Gregory books,
    The Other Boleyn Girl ( Mary and Anne Boleyn), The Boleyn Inheritance ( Anne of Cleves, Katherine Howard and Jane Rockford (George Boleynn's widow), and The Constant Princess ( Katherine of Aragon). They are fiction, but full of actual historical detail and really helped me understand The Tudors easier. They explain the politics and history surrounding Henry VIII and his passion for a son.

ps, the movie The Other Boleyn Girl was almost unrecognizable compared to the book.
    I did listen to the audio of TOBG and enjoyed it. I couldn't get into any of her other books though. I am going to try her newest "The Red Queen" as I find Henry's grandmother, Margaret Beaufort, facinating. I did try "the White Queen" about Elizabeth Woodville, his other grandmother, and didn't care for it. Maybe I was just not in the mood as I also like her as well.

As for TOBG movie, I liked the British production with Jodhi May.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The Wives of Henry VIII, by Antonia Fraser is one of my favorite books. I much prefer her writing to Philippa Gregory, and her historical accuracy is impeccable!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I am delighted to report that on Wednesday, January 19th at 10 p.m. EST, BBC America will begin a recast of The Tudors. We receive this on Direct TV channel 264.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I picked up my season 4 at target the other week and see they have a box set if anyone is looking for that. I so miss this show already.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4128264;
    I picked up my season 4 at target the other week and see they have a box set if anyone is looking for that. I so miss this show already.
    Awesome! Thanks for that info!!!
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4128264;
    It was a fabulous production, and I wish there could be more tv of that quality. Of course we have The Bourgias coming fairly soon, but I may skip that one as that family was a little too gruesome for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4128999;
    It was a fabulous production, and I wish there could be more tv of that quality. Of course we have The Bourgias coming fairly soon, but I may skip that one as that family was a little too gruesome for my taste.
    I'm so glad that CBC had it on so I could watch it. It was great and I wish it would carried on through Mary and Elizabeth as well. Not sure how I feel about the Bourgias but I sure I would forever be comparing it to the Tudors.

+ Reply to Thread