+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Re: The Tudors

They're advertising the Borgias for "2011"--that seems far away to be already publicizing. Jeremy Irons will be awesome.

Why are they skipping the Tudors next week, then showing the finale on the 20th? I'm going to feel severe deprivation when Charles Brandon isn't exuding that quiet sexy power from my TV screen every week. I think of all the major players, his character has developed most.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3926972;
    They're advertising the Borgias for "2011"--that seems far away to be already publicizing. Jeremy Irons will be awesome.

Is he going to be Pope Alexander?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Rodrigo Borgia. So yes, the pope
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3926972;

Why are they skipping the Tudors next week, then showing the finale on the 20th?
    My dvr is showing an epi for Sunday June 13th @9pm, SHO

From SHOWTIME's website:
    Powerful accusations of heresy are made against the queen but the ailing Henry has little interest; a chastened Lord Surrey faces the ultimate penalty for losing 600 men in an ill-advised action that nearly reignites war with France.
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3923556;
    Yeah, they should have fattened him up (and given him reddish hair from the beginning). By the time he married Catherine Howard he weighed around 300 lbs. He weighed almost 400 lbs. at his death. The Tower of London has an exhbit of his suits of armor. There are 3 of them because he kept "outgrowing" them.

I love this series and I am going to miss it! We've watched it from the beginng and we've become English royal history buffs in the process. Google has help a lot with this hobby, lol. But don't despair, fans of historical series. Showtime is bringing us the Borgias in the Fall.
    Do you know how tall he was? Trying to match him up with Biggest Loser contestants mentally to get a good image!

Smidge over 6ft wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3931478;
    Smidge over 6ft wasn't he?
    I believe so, and broad of shoulder too. He probably could have played NFL in these times.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks! OK about 6' close to 400 lbs., that would make him like Koli or O'Neal from the latest season of The Biggest Loser.
    If you didn't watch the show you can look at their before pictures on the forum for the show, the first page listed under each of their names; TBL is now filed under "on hiatus". Then add in a weeping leg wound for extra appeal....
    One hopes he didn't prefer the missionary position....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3931970;
    Thanks! OK about 6' close to 400 lbs., that would make him like Koli or O'Neal from the latest season of The Biggest Loser.
    If you didn't watch the show you can look at their before pictures on the forum for the show, the first page listed under each of their names; TBL is now filed under "on hiatus". Then add in a weeping leg wound for extra appeal....
    One hopes he didn't prefer the missionary position....
    and the stench from the weeping leg.... as for missionary.... can you say pancake?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And of course he would have been fish belly white, between his hair color and the amount of clothing a king would wear....no sun tan there! My personal preference, tan fat looks better than white fat.
    I hope his last queen's family really profitted from the alliance, as she must have suffered for them.

+ Reply to Thread