+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Re: The Tudors

Wow, what a great episode. I'm really sad this is gonna be the last season. I missed the first couple of mins, did they say who wrote the note?

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3898411;
    Wow, what a great episode. I'm really sad this is gonna be the last season. I missed the first couple of mins, did they say who wrote the note?
    NO ... that is what I want to know?? And I watched from the beginning. Ok, my guess is Lady Rochford where she was crying so much ... I am guessing she knew they found her letter ... ?

Anyone have any ideas ... ?

Last night was a bloody mess ... I could not watch half those scenes.
    KAREN

Katherine really wasn't a smart girl. She was the Queen of England, as soon as Francis showed up she should have had him executed... he was the first domino to fall.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Damn Henry is coldblooded. He swooped in on Seymour's lady real quick and sent his a$$ away. I still want to know who wrote the note.

Only TWO episodes left.

June 6th and June 13th. No epi this weekend.

Anyone still watching?
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

LOVE this series and I've watched every episode since Season 1. I think this is one of the best produced series on TV. PBS did a series on both Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I years ago, which were also brilliantly done. TV at it's finest (as opposed to so much of the current dribble which seems to be aimed at the lowest common denominator. . .)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re the calorie intake....and let's not forget those endless meals, course after course.... And while other rich people probably didn't eat that way every night kings probably did frequently what with one state dinner after another. And they could have lots of foods the poor didn't have....lots of desserts, and the white bread mentioned above. Plus veggies were very much not considered interesting food I believe. Lots of things in main courses were baked into pies, with crust made of lard. The average person's life was so active they could work a lot of the lousy diet off, but once he couldn't ride and hunt any more plus a greater than usual level of greasy food he was done for in terms of staying thin. Seems to me that the actor wouldn't actually have to gain weight... a lot could be done with padding---not as if they ran around in t-shirts and shorts then---and some good "fat suit" make up on the face. They can make that nearly indetectable these days. And being heavy and with the rotting leg wound... he'd move differently.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3918044;
    Seems to me that the actor wouldn't actually have to gain weight... a lot could be done with padding---not as if they ran around in t-shirts and shorts then---and some good "fat suit" make up on the face. They can make that nearly indetectable these days. And being heavy and with the rotting leg wound... he'd move differently.
    Nor was he the "hot catch" that he was in his youth. And I would have like to have seen a "bit of weight gain" it is so much Henry VIII's later character, obese with a runny leg.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3921548;
    Nor was he the "hot catch" that he was in his youth. And I would have like to have seen a "bit of weight gain" it is so much Henry VIII's later character, obese with a runny leg.
    Yeah, they should have fattened him up (and given him reddish hair from the beginning). By the time he married Catherine Howard he weighed around 300 lbs. He weighed almost 400 lbs. at his death. The Tower of London has an exhbit of his suits of armor. There are 3 of them because he kept "outgrowing" them.

I love this series and I am going to miss it! We've watched it from the beginng and we've become English royal history buffs in the process. Google has help a lot with this hobby, lol. But don't despair, fans of historical series. Showtime is bringing us the Borgias in the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3923556;
    Showtime is bringing us the Borgias in the Fall.
    Oooo... that sounds juicy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread