+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

FORT Fogey
    I think it only goes thru King Henry's youth, before he became fat.

That could be phoenix, we're at about 1529 already,and he dies in 1547 Elizabeth doesn't take the throne until 1558.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    from an IMDB Post:

"The series, which co-stars Sam Neill as Cardinal Wolsey and Jeremy Northam as Sir Thomas More, concludes when Henry begins his relationship with Anne Boleyn, played by Natalie Dormer, who came to notice in Lasse Hallström's 2005 film Casanova.

Showtime is considering a further eight series tracing the history of the Tudor dynasty and will devote at least one more series to Henry – and the rest of his wives"

Its only been heard.. not confirmed yet. I would love to see more of a hitsorty of the Tudors to be honest.

In between the Regin of Henry and Elizabeth was:

Edward VI of England: 28 January 1547 - 6 July 1553 (son of Henry and Jane Seymour)
    Lady Jane Grey: (great-granddaughter of Henry VII of England) July 10, 1553 – July 19, 1553 (Regined as uncrowned Queen regnant for a whopping 9 days!)

Mary I of England (Bloody Mary) Daughter of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon: 19 July 1553–17 November 1558

Elizabeth was the Daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, 1st Marchioness of Pembroke. Reign 17 November 1558 – 24 March 1603.

Ironic as it was she was succeded by James I of England (House of Stuart) Son of Mary Queen of Scots.. who Elizabeth always felt would try to lay claim to her throne, as many felt that Mary was the true heir due to Elizabeth being "illegitimate".

James I of england (James IV of Scotland) was the beginning of the House of Stuart which ended with Queen Anne 8 March 1702 – 1 August 1714. The death of Anne gave way to the House of Hanover, George I of Great Britain regin: 1 August 1714 – 11 June 1727.

The ruling house of Hanover lasted untill Queen Victoria: 20 June 1837–22 January 1901. Upon her death the new Ruling House was, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Edward VII of the United Kingdom ruled from 22 January 1901 - 6 May 1910. Upon his death his son, George V of the United Kingdom, ruled as a member of the houses of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha & the House of Windsor.

Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, was as most know the King who gave it all up for love. Sitting on the throne from, 20 January 1936 to 11 December 1936, until his abdication on 11th of December.. so he could marry Bessie Wallis Warfield Simpson, an american twiced divorced common woman. They married on June 3, 1937, in France.

George VI of the United Kingdom, younger brother of Edward VIII, father of Elizabeth II, took his throne on the 11th of December, 1936, untill his death on the 6th of February 1952.

And that brings us to Lillibet, other wise known as, Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. She began her regin on, 6 February 1952, and has been on the throne over 55 years. Longer than all four of her immediate predecessors combined.

Ok done now hehe
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I love English history! Too bad I don't have cable. It sounds like a fun series.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

jasmar.... I'm wondering if Showtime will make it permanently available on their webpage. Most likely not, but there's always a way....

Here's a fun cnn.com article/interview with Jonathan Rhys-Myers. Too long to really want to copy in here, but it also discusses the future of the series.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2302853;
    from an IMDB Post:

"The series, which co-stars Sam Neill as Cardinal Wolsey and Jeremy Northam as Sir Thomas More, concludes when Henry begins his relationship with Anne Boleyn, played by Natalie Dormer, who came to notice in Lasse Hallström's 2005 film Casanova.

Showtime is considering a further eight series tracing the history of the Tudor dynasty and will devote at least one more series to Henry – and the rest of his wives"
    well damn! I would like to see the entire history of the Tudors chronicled! At least Henry has only just started courting Anne so we have a lot more to see.

Funny that that precious little girl grows up to become Bloody Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2304195;
    well damn! I would like to see the entire history of the Tudors chronicled! At least Henry has only just started courting Anne so we have a lot more to see.

Funny that that precious little girl grows up to become Bloody Mary

Remember at the meeting with the french.. she pushed the lil dauphin down. I laughed so hard.. knowing.. she grows up in to Bloody Mary
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2302742;
    I think it only goes thru King Henry's youth, before he became fat.

Henry was an avid sportsman in his youth at tennis, hunting and jousting he suffered a jousting injury later in life that left him unable to do very much exercise wise and became very fat with a waist of around 54" that also led to gout and infection that is supposedly what led to his death.

This has been a good series so far the first two episodes were exciting.

So did you guys get to see the third epi on Sunday?? What did you think of the masque and Henry's dreams?

Didn't see it yet.. I hope I recorded it!

+ Reply to Thread