+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Re: The Tudors

What did everyone think of the season premier?

I will tell you I hated those scenes with Culpepper ...
    Very hard to watch.

The new Queen is flighty. BUT if Henry is happy, then so be it.

Prince Edward is a doll, Elizabeth, a sweetheart and I love Mary!

Looks to be a FAB season.
    KAREN

I've got my fingers crossed for some spoilers here. I won't be able to watch the season until it comes to CBC or I get it on DVD.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Nowadays there are always alternative sources where you can watch missed programs. If you don't get Showtime, the first place I would go to (and did, a couple of years ago when I didn't get Showtime either) was iTunes' iTunes Store.

If I remember correctly, some of the episodes were free, and others were about $1.50 for each episode. Not too bad. I don't remember why some episodes were free and others were charged for, and I will try to get some more info for you, cause I am always looking for ways to watch or download episodes that I miss. Of course, there's always Hulu and You Tube, and on the commercial channels, you can go to their on-line sites and watch missed episodes there.

I buy the seasons on dvd so I wouldn't purchase each episode. I tried some online options last year too but that didnt work out for me either (oh the spyware I absorbed in that process).

If you belong to Netflix, you can watch the first season "instantly" on your computer, and the first three seasons are all available on DVD's. Seeing Henry Cavill (Charles Brandon) on my TV screen is a good thing! Joely Richardson is portraying Katherine Parr this season--should be good for some fireworks!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I don't do netflix. I just want some spoilers until I can see the season at this point. Ultimately I will purchase the DVD's when they come out from this season and I will watch it on CBC this fall when they show it on there but until then spoilers are all I need.

I love this show. I wish it was continuing after this season with the reigns of his children. I adore the actress who plays Princess Mary. The show has such incredible acting and is so well written that I will really miss it when it's gone.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3879483;
    I love this show. I wish it was continuing after this season with the reigns of his children. I adore the actress who plays Princess Mary. The show has such incredible acting and is so well written that I will really miss it when it's gone.
    DITTO, DITTO, and DITTO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3879483;
    But Henry has yet to get morbidly obese!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3879715;
    But Henry has yet to get morbidly obese!!!
    And he won't! One of the conditions that Jonathan Rhys Meyers stipulated before he agreed to take the role was that he wasn't going to get fat. I have to say I agree with his decision. I'm curious to see what they do with the Princess Mary/Queen Catherine relationship. Last week showed Mary disliking Henry's "child bride"--in real life the two of them were "thick as thieves."

Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread