+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Re: The Tudors

They had STD's then but not all subdivided like we have them now. When you think about the sex and catholic church one has to remember that the catholic church had different standards for different classes and genders as well. It was possible to buy your forgiveness.

whomever is was that cast this show could not have picked a better henry. jonathan rhys-meyers rocks. sexy as hell . he is the perfect henry. so love the tudors. i thought i was to only one that watched til i found this thread. i've watched this series since the beginning and am so happy it's back.
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 03-30-2009 at 11:56 PM.

Episode 2 is available for those that have the on demand feature on their cable..I watched it this morning...i would call it a good episode not a great one but interesting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I am looking forward to the Season 3 Premiere tonight! Henry is off to marry Lady Jane, wife #3. I wonder how far they plan to take the story this season -- does anyone happen to know?

Sassansauce, I totally agree with you about Jonathan - he is smoking hot! Lucky for us as he is much better looking and a sexier version of the real King Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3403513;
    I am looking forward to the Season 3 Premiere tonight! Henry is off to marry Lady Jane, wife #3. I wonder how far they plan to take the story this season -- does anyone happen to know?

Sassansauce, I totally agree with you about Jonathan - he is smoking hot! Lucky for us as he is much better looking and a sexier version of the real King Henry.
    I know it goes as far as wife #4 comes into the picture now whether they get married and divorced this season i don't know...i do know history tells us that Henry did wait 2 years after jane died before he married Anne of Cleves

How does history say Jane Seymour died? She wasn't hung, was she?

Jane Seymour died days after childbirth.

Jane Seymour laboured two days and three nights before bringing forth Henry's son. Just as prayers were being said for her safe deliverance, the boy-child, in triumph, was laid in her arms. Legend has it that the boy – to be called Edward for his grandfather Edward V had been born via caesarean section. Jane Seymour still lived twelve days after her son’s birth, although now dying. On the twelfth day after Edward’s birth, Jane – with so little time to enjoy the glory of being the woman to give Henry’s his heir – died of ‘childbed’ fever – the killer of so many new mothers in this period. Jane’s time as Queen lasted less than eighteen months.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thank you, Duxxy!!

Jane was also never coronated as Queen as Kathryn and Anne had been...it has been said that Henry was waiting for the birth of a male child before he would give her a coronation ceromoney

The stuff they had before the season premier included comments from the wardrobe lady, who basically said they had to update the fashions to make it relevant to modern times. I think they overdid it, and this series will eventually seem as dated as the historical costume movies of the 30s or 60s that remind us more of the decade they were produced in than the time they are supposed to be about. But for now, it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Juice;3403791;
    How does history say Jane Seymour died? She wasn't hung, was she?
    I remember this poem from a Victorian children's book:

Henry VIII to six wives was wedded:
    One died, one survived, two divorced, two beheaded.

If that's true, none were hanged.

Actually, see: Wives of Henry VIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Harvest; 04-06-2009 at 04:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread