+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

Re: The Tudors

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3388504;
    if you have video on deman with your new showtime they might be showing season 2..they still have all those episodes listed on mine...but you might want to watch season 1 first...lucky you...lol..you are in for a treat watching all of these one after the other
    I bought Seasons 1 & 2 DVDs before I realized they would re-air both seasons which they are now doing on Showtime. No matter, I am ready for Season 3 and can't wait to see King Henry on April 5th!

I watched the first season, man were those sex scenes random.
    "You keep going until you find happiness in helping people realize their dreams"- Gene Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3387800;
    Season 3 episode 1 is available for those that have the video on demand feature with their cable...I am fixen to watch it now
    It is also available for free to watch at TV.com.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Thanks for the link to watch the first episode of season three. I didn't miss Anne as much as I thought I was going to miss her.

I am waiting for Sunday night to watch the Season Premiere and looking forward to watching the series along with everyone else. I purchased the first two seasons on DVD without knowing they would re-air them on Showtime. Love this Show and love Jonathon. It is an interesting era in history and it makes court life a reality for us. I am aware that they do take liberty with the historical facts but I try to sort out fact from fiction when I can. Bring on the King and Queen of England!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3394611;
    I am waiting for Sunday night to watch the Season Premiere and looking forward to watching the series along with everyone else. I purchased the first two seasons on DVD without knowing they would re-air them on Showtime. Love this Show and love Jonathon. It is an interesting era in history and it makes court life a reality for us. I am aware that they do take liberty with the historical facts but I try to sort out fact from fiction when I can. Bring on the King and Queen of England!
    one thing i have wondered about whether or not it is true is how sexually promiscus everyone seems to be...since at the beginning they were under the rule of the Catholic church..that would be severly frowned upon and i always thought that being a virgin on their wedding night would be 1st on the list for any woman but as we know Henry had several children out of wedlock (3 that were confirmed and a couple that have been questioned including a boy had by Mary Boylin sister of Anne) I just have a hard time believing that the people of this time were so giving in sexual ways..would make me think that STD's would have been rampant..course i have done some research on henry since I started watching this show and i have found several papers that believe that he died from Syphillis
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

BF the women he supposedly fathered children with were married women, usually in the employ of the Queen (one of her ladies in waiting) The husbands just kind of went along with it.. because let's face it, who says 'no' to the King.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3394703;
    BF the women he supposedly fathered children with were married women, usually in the employ of the Queen (one of her ladies in waiting) The husbands just kind of went along with it.. because let's face it, who says 'no' to the King.
    I wasn't just referring to the king and i know they wouldn't dare tell him no..but i was talking about all of them in general..i mean its almost a fact that Anne was sexually active before henry...and we saw his sister before she married that old geezer and just in the new episode
    Click to see Spoiler:
    some girl sold her virginity for a necklace
    I just wondered how much of that was DRAMA and how much was reality during that time frame
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3394631;
    one thing i have wondered about whether or not it is true is how sexually promiscus everyone seems to be...since at the beginning they were under the rule of the Catholic church..that would be severly frowned upon and i always thought that being a virgin on their wedding night would be 1st on the list for any woman but as we know Henry had several children out of wedlock (3 that were confirmed and a couple that have been questioned including a boy had by Mary Boylin sister of Anne) I just have a hard time believing that the people of this time were so giving in sexual ways..would make me think that STD's would have been rampant..course i have done some research on henry since I started watching this show and i have found several papers that believe that he died from Syphillis

He also had a daughter with Mary Boleyn. She was married at the time to another man. Her family put her up to it to have influence with the king. The daughter went on to be a lady in waiting to Anne.
    I have read a lot of the biography's about the ladies of Henry the 8th, but the best read is a piece of fiction... The Other Boleyn Girl.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3394631;
    Well the sex scenes certainly make it captivating TV. I realize the show makes everything look so clean and fresh (disease free) but I can hardly believe it was that easy for women and their personal hygiene back then. I am not sure they were dealing with the same STD's as today (AIDS for one), but I do believe Syphillis was rampant. I admit I have wondered if the women even shaved their legs back then as they are clean shaven on the show. As far as promiscuty, there had to be a double standard with respect to sex and religion. We do know that Henry was into multiple woman and not adverse to chopping their heads off when he got tired of them. I think this is one reason I am so fascinated with this series because it gives us a peek at how court life "could' have been. I would like to know more myself and admittedly pored over the internet verifying facts when I watched the series. I know there are several history buffs on this thread and I am hoping when the new series begins, they will be able to address the differences. Hopefully we can all compare notes!

+ Reply to Thread