+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Tudors

Re the pale white complexion...I know there were periods when women actually ate arsenic to induce that white complexion, that's how valued it was. Small amounts of course, but still enough to build up a resistance to arsenic poisoning (which turned out to be useful in a few cases!).

JOSS STONE JOINS THE CAST FOR THE THIRD SEASON OF SHOWTIME'S THE TUDORS
    Stone to Star as Anne of Cleves, Henry VIII's 4th Wife.
    Seriously?? Anne was supposedly plain and heavy. Henry insultingly called her a 'Flanders Mare', Joss Stone is neither.
    The third season will finally air starting Sunday April 5th at 9pm. I just watched the preview on Shotime and it's gonna be good! The arrest and beheading of Cromwell and Brandon's fall from grace. I think I must be a little blood thirsty because I can't wait for this series to start again.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3380369;
    Seriously?? Anne was supposedly plain and heavy. Henry insultingly called her a 'Flanders Mare', Joss Stone is neither.
    The third season will finally air starting Sunday April 5th at 9pm. I just watched the preview on Shotime and it's gonna be good! The arrest and beheading of Cromwell and Brandon's fall from grace. I think I must be a little blood thirsty because I can't wait for this series to start again.

Well, they couldn't have an unattractive woman, this is television after all.

Season 3 episode 1 is available for those that have the video on demand feature with their cable...I am fixen to watch it now
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

So..... how was it??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

1st episode of the new season is really good...they are trying to make him look older but I think they should have added some padding too..but i understand this is "drama" about history

This is a great series! I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers - what a hottie! I realize that the historical depiction is not 100% correct, but I enjoy the costumes and the ability to experience a "day in the life" on Henry's court. I love period films like this and somehow missed the first two seasons because I did not have Showtime. I ordered the first two seasons on DVD and switched to Showtime in time for Season 3.

Can't wait!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Ohh I have been so unaware.. I need to run home RIGHT after work, and fold my laundry as i watch

Thanks for the heads up even if i was a day late!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3388248;
    This is a great series! I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers - what a hottie! I realize that the historical depiction is not 100% correct, but I enjoy the costumes and the ability to experience a "day in the life" on Henry's court. I love period films like this and somehow missed the first two seasons because I did not have Showtime. I ordered the first two seasons on DVD and switched to Showtime in time for Season 3.

Can't wait!
    if you have video on deman with your new showtime they might be showing season 2..they still have all those episodes listed on mine...but you might want to watch season 1 first...lucky you...lol..you are in for a treat watching all of these one after the other

I'm bummed out I have to wait until if/when it comes on to CBC to see it or buy the DVD next winter for season 3. But I'm excited.

+ Reply to Thread