+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Tudors

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: The Tudors

i may have to go wach it before bed lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Ok I did watch it last night.. and yes i must admit it was a very wrenching episode. I almost felt bad for Anne at times, which is saying alot since i dont like the actress and felt that Anne herself was unfeeling in her position with exception when it came to her daughter.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2941578;
    Ok I did watch it last night.. and yes i must admit it was a very wrenching episode. I almost felt bad for Anne at times, which is saying alot since i dont like the actress and felt that Anne herself was unfeeling in her position with exception when it came to her daughter.
    You know I find myself feeling sorry for her too...it almost wants to make you scream at the tv....ITS DRAMA..I know what happened in history..so CHANGE HISTORY...lol....but it was the part at the end that had me crying...even though like I said I know thats what happened...still wants me to wish it had been different
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Ugh Anne really did have it rough didn't she? She was an ambitious girl but she sure did suffer for it. Henry was a putz - in history and on screen. Thomas More was selfish - the opposite of martyr I'd think, he didn't only choose for himself, he determined the fate of his entire family.

Seriously.. Showtime did a heck of a lot better job with this time in history than Hollywood ever did.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2957551;
    Ugh Anne really did have it rough didn't she? She was an ambitious girl but she sure did suffer for it. Henry was a putz - in history and on screen. Thomas More was selfish - the opposite of martyr I'd think, he didn't only choose for himself, he determined the fate of his entire family.

Seriously.. Showtime did a heck of a lot better job with this time in history than Hollywood ever did.
    I don't know that much about the Catholic religion so I am sorry if this is incorrect..I sure don't want to offend anyone...but if I am not mistaken a pope later on down the road either made Thomad More a Saint or gave him some sort of status as a martyr dying for the Catholic religion..

I know on some of the "other" message boards that are really into the "correct" Tudor history they complain about how this show is way off on how things really are and a couple of people have responded is that is just how it is in "drama"..they combine characters and leave out some characters and do more things for the "drama"...they were saying at this point in his life Henry was like between 42-45 and he had already gained a lot of weight and stuff...but I have enjoyed the series and look forward to watching it each week and even though I know "parts" are created for drama purposes I have learned more from this show than I ever did sitting in a history class

Yes that is correct:

Saint Thomas More (7 February 1478 – 6 July 1535), also Sir Thomas More, was an English lawyer, author, and statesman who in his lifetime earned a reputation as a leading humanist scholar, and occupied many public offices, including Lord Chancellor (1529 – 1532). Sir Thomas coined the word "utopia", a name he gave to an ideal, imaginary island nation whose political system he described in the eponymous book published in 1516.

In 1935, four hundred years after his death, Pope Pius XI canonized St Thomas More in the Roman Catholic Church, and later declared Patron Saint of politicians and statesmen by Pope John Paul II. St Thomas More shares his feast day, June 22 on the Roman Catholic calendar of saints, with Saint John Fisher, the only remaining loyal Bishop (owing to the apparent and coincident natural deaths of eight aged bishops) [1] during the English Reformation to maintain, at the King's mercy, allegiance to the Pope. In 1980, Sir Thomas More was added to the Church of England's calendar of saints. Traditional Roman Catholics continue celebrating his feast day on July 6, the day of his martyrdom. He was voted thirty-seventh of the historical 100 Greatest Britons.

Quoted from Wiki, because im too lazy (and at work.. shhh) to type it out myself. Here is the link: Thomas More - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone watch the last episode? Wow.. I really hope they do a 3rd season

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3023940;
    Anyone watch the last episode? Wow.. I really hope they do a 3rd season
    I've seen it...it was awesome...yea I was wondering about a 3rd season myself...in the end I felt so sorry for Anne

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3024837;
    I've seen it...it was awesome...yea I was wondering about a 3rd season myself...in the end I felt so sorry for Anne
    Sadly so did I. I went along most of this season.. and last ... not liking her at all. But I did feel bad for her in the end.

FORT Fanatic

I do love this show but it leaped very fast for me this week in one breath Henry is telling the emperor of Spain to accept queen Anne then throwing her in jail the next.

Poor Anne. Natalie Dormer plays her so well. What would a third season be like without her? She really is drama!

+ Reply to Thread