View Poll Results: What is your favourite cooking show?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 Minutes Meal

0 0%
  • Calling all Cooks

0 0%
  • Chocolate with Jacques Torres

0 0%
  • Cooking Live

0 0%
  • East Meets West with Ming Tsai

0 0%
  • Emeril Live

3 25.00%
  • Extreme Cuisine

0 0%
  • Food 911

0 0%
  • Good Eats

3 25.00%
  • Iron Chef

4 33.33%
  • Martha's Kitchen

0 0%
  • Mario Eats Italy

0 0%
  • Naked Chef/Oliver Twist

0 0%
  • Two Fat Ladies

1 8.33%
  • Wolfgang Puck

0 0%
  • Other

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TV cooking shows

TV cooking shows

Any of you fans of cooking shows? What would your favourite cooking shows be?

Mine are Oliver's Twist, The Iron Chef, Food 911, ... ... okkkk I admit, I watch too many cooking shows!

When I was in college, my cable carried local Japanese language station, and they would broadcast "The Iron Chef." I would watch it all the time, even though I did not understand Japanese. I was glad to see it come on Food TV Network. Sometimes I think it is equivalent to the food they show on Fear Factor! Ha ha ha...

Anyway, lemme know what your fave cooking shows are!

Marc

LG.
    I've got to go with Iron Chef, Marc, as that one makes me laugh all the time. *gong*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie
    I watch Emeril but he has annoying habits. I also like Food 911 sometimes--interesting to see the different homes/people/styles of cooking. I think the Two Fat Ladies are hilarious. Sometimes Julia Childs can be interesting or funny (even though she doesn't intend it.) I enjoy Dinner and a Movie on cold, winter Friday nights. Iron Chef sucks.

Jeeze...I have to pick one!?!? I chose Good Eats, but I love lots of cooking shows.

My favorites...
    Good Eats
    A Cooks Tour
    Mario Eats Italy
    Iron Chef
    Naked Chef
    Oliver's Twist
    Food 911
    2 Fat Ladies
    The Galloping Gourmet
    $40 a Day
    The Best Of...

Emeril was so overplayed on the food network, I can't even stand the sound of his voice now.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I'm tired of Emeril. Even if I didn't have to hear him shout BAM! I think just reading that is annoying enough! I do like cajun food though, but not Emeril. Wish Food TV got rid of him already.

I remember Galloping Gourmet... seemed like he was drunk all the time! Heh heh... When I was growing up, I used to watch Ciao Italia and Frugal Gourmet too.

Tough pics!!!!

I had to go with Good Eats over Iron Chef only cause I can make what Alton is cooking. I mean where am I going to get horse main fat? (saw that on iron chef twice). My other fav's are Food 911, and 2 fat ladies. I have to agree with everyone that Emiril is getting old now. Too much airplay. I also like food unwrapped too. As for Frugal Gourmet- Jeff Smith is the one that really got me into cooking food. I used to watch him when I worked overseas on AFRTS.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

lol_its_fun
    I think Iron Chef is the best show. Chefs normally don't share their secret recipes with people but in this show at least I get to see how creative they are in terms of cooking.
    I also like Nigella Bite/Forever Summer and Oliver Twist/Naked Chef. For some reason, I find Emeril Live and Martha's Kitchen very boring. They motivate me to change channels everytime when I see them.

Ohhhh, Nigella Lawson is one of my favourites too! I just love how sloppy she can be and she would just say heck with it. It's always a riot to see her eating midnight snacks at the end of programmes! LOL

I do watch Martha's Kitchen, but not for the right reason. I love to make fun of the way she is... how she treats her guest cooks and so on!

That's funny, kuifje! I don't really like the way Martha interacts with her guests either. The worst, though, is Sara Molton. She doesn't listen to a word her guests say. She just hurries them along with "uh huh, uh huh, yeah, OK, uh huh". It bugs the crap outta me. I can't watch her.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread