+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Fall 2007-08 Season

Re: Fall 2007-08 Season

This is a total bummer all around! I feel for the writers because they are right. They are taken advantage nowadays with all the excess profits made in the different media outlets (DVD, internet, etc)
    It just totally sucks at the possibility of no new shows for awhile....

This link gives an idea of when shows will run out of new episodes

The TV Grid - Los Angeles Times

FORT Fogey

I read this morning that CBS is looking into bringing Big Brother back sooner than the Summer - perhaps February. They like that it would take up 3 hours of programming each week. It may be a celebrity version.

This could be a good opportunity for those shows that have pre-recorded or pre-scripted shows to gain some new viewers. I heard on the radio this morning that one of the shows that will be immediately affected is Desperate Housewives and that they actually stopped filming today.

Perfect time to order past volumes of your favorite shows (or ones you've been meaning to watch and could never find the time) and get caught up or refreshed on the goings-on.

It's really sad for all those fringe people who have nothing to do with the strike but whose livelihoods will be affected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2653753;
    I read this morning that CBS is looking into bringing Big Brother back sooner than the Summer - perhaps February. They like that it would take up 3 hours of programming each week. It may be a celebrity version.
    Now THAT would be the only bright spot in the whole mess Hopefully though, the writers will not have to strike that long. I'd like to see them get the money they deserve. It's only fair, I think.

I added a thread in the BB forum about the possible winter edition. Here's additional news about CBS shows, plus the part about BB.

Strike KOs CBS' Men , Six Others; Big Brother Fast-tracked - Strike Watch: How This Season Is Being Rewritten | TVGuide.com

Since sitcoms rarely stockpile scripts in advance of taping, production on Back to You, 'Til Death, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement has been brought to a halt. Dramedy Desperate Housewives also closes up shop Wednesday, with a rep noting that it will be out of new episodes by Christmas. (Bah humbug!)

In related news, CBS is reportedly rushing into production an anomalous winter season of its summer staple Big Brother to fill the lineup. This one, buzz is, may have celebrities scheming against each other instead of regular folk. If you consider guys like Todd "Willis" Bridges and Lauren "Julie, Your Cruise Director" Tewes celebrities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

LinkBacks (?)