+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fall 2007-08 Season

Re: Fall 2007-08 Season

I'm pretty excited about the Bionic Woman. I was a huge fan of the shows in the 70's. Even though I hope its not to cheesy I still want the same sound effects when she kicks into bionic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2463869;
    I'm pretty excited about the Bionic Woman. I was a huge fan of the shows in the 70's. Even though I hope its not to cheesy I still want the same sound effects when she kicks into bionic mode.
    I learned my lesson about hoping for the best from old shows I loved being remade into series today when I saw how they ruined/butchered/destroyed what the original Battlestar Galactica was about. I loved that show, and was so excited to see it when they launched it again, and since they kept the original series name, it made me hope they were going to respect some of what made the show such a cult favorite. I knew it wouldn't be exactly the same, but still...

*sigh* What an abomination to use the original show name when they respected nothing about it, and changed it too much to even justify using the BG name, or even some of the original character names who would turn over in their creative graves knowing how their characters had been butchered.

So I no longer have any hope for old show favorites being remade today that don't offend me.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Is anyone as disturbed as I am about Kid Nation? I have problems with watching kids that 'just wanna go home!' I can already see the stage parents of these poor things behind the scenes in my head.

I'm excited about the boost in sci-fi supernatural shows this Fall, but trying to find one truly worth getting into is tough around the reality schedules!

Ghost Whisperer is my secret indulgence so I'm happy to see it come back.

I agree with the Caveman talk, I thought my husband was pulling my leg when he mentioned this was going to be a TV show. I thought the first few commercials with them were funny, but its already worn out and its only 30-60 seconds. Do they truly have a half hour of material?
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

This is sort of a new show that's airing in the new tv season. It's called The Kill Point. It's an 8 hour mini that will be on Spiketv.

Emmy®Award-winning actor and Golden Globe nominee John Leguizamo and Donnie Wahlberg star in Spike TV's new original scripted series, THE KILL POINT, an eight-hour event focusing on two men as they square off during a bank heist gone horribly wrong and the hostage negotiations that ensue. THE KILL POINT premieres on Spike TV with a two-hour event beginning Sunday, July 22 at 9:00-PM ET/PT.

John Leguizamo is "Mr. Wolf," the leader of a small group of military veterans who set out to rob a major bank in Pittsburgh. When things go awry, they're forced to take more than a dozen hostages from all walks of life, including a wealthy and powerful businessman's daughter. Suddenly, "Mr. Wolf" finds himself battling the police, the hostages and members of his own team while at the same time, fighting his own personal demons from the Iraq war and from his own war at home. Will he be sharp enough to hold it all together or lose control of the situation? And will he find redemption before it's too late - and does he even care to?

On the opposite side of the perimeter is "Horst Cali," the Pittsburgh Police Department Hostage Negotiator, played by Donnie Wahlberg, who must go toe-to-toe with "Mr. Wolf." "Cali" must use his wit and negotiating skills, while managing his own personal issues, to manipulate the situation and convince Wolf to free the hostages before the FBI takes control, or worse.

With time of the essence and the uncertainty of the unfolding events, both men need to remain resourceful and collected or risk losing lives. THE KILL POINT reveals how the hostage takers leverage their situation and how the negotiator tries to unravel their plans. Which man will blink? Who will outsmart the other? Who will survive? It's a dangerous game of chess played out with human lives at stake.
    Source: The Kill Point.

It looks like another version of The Nine, but I'm guessing with more envelope pushing stuff. I'm curious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2464818;
    I agree with the Caveman talk, I thought my husband was pulling my leg when he mentioned this was going to be a TV show. I thought the first few commercials with them were funny, but its already worn out and its only 30-60 seconds. Do they truly have a half hour of material?
    If the pilot is any indication, no.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Think of as many racial stereotypes as you can, particularly African-American stereotypes. Now replace the minority in question with a CAVEMAN, and you pretty much have the pilot.

However, I think I saw that they are doing some serious retooling, and that they're going to shoot a new first episode and air the pilot later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2463923;
    I learned my lesson about hoping for the best from old shows I loved being remade into series today when I saw how they ruined/butchered/destroyed what the original Battlestar Galactica was about. I loved that show, and was so excited to see it when they launched it again, and since they kept the original series name, it made me hope they were going to respect some of what made the show such a cult favorite. I knew it wouldn't be exactly the same, but still...

*sigh* What an abomination to use the original show name when they respected nothing about it, and changed it too much to even justify using the BG name, or even some of the original character names who would turn over in their creative graves knowing how their characters had been butchered.

So I no longer have any hope for old show favorites being remade today that don't offend me.

Being a scifi fan from way back I was very disappointed with the original Battlestar Galactica series, the entire show was a bit of a joke and had absolutely no validity after the first 5 or 6 episodes. The retooled BG is a great example of what an alternate reality show can do. If the producers of the 'new' Bionic Woman and the Sarah Connor Chronicles can do half as good a job as the producers of the remade BG did then these shows will be worth watching.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Here's a handy reference for the fall premieres
    Ausiello on Supernatural, Rosie, Greek, Scrubs and More! - Ask Ausiello | TVGuide.com

Sept. 11 (NBC) The Biggest Loser season premiere
    Sept. 14 (FOX) Nashville series premiere
    Sept. 17 (FOX) Prison Break season premiere
    Sept. 17 (FOX) K-Ville series premiere
    Sept. 17 (NBC) Deal or No Deal season premiere
    Sept. 18 (CW) Beauty and the Geek season premiere
    Sept. 19 (CW) America’s Next Top Model season premiere
    Sept. 19 (FOX) Back to You series premiere
    Sept. 19 (FOX) ‘Til Death season premiere
    Sept. 19 (FOX) Kitchen Nightmares series premiere
    Sept. 19 (CBS) Kid Nation series premiere
    Sept. 20 (CBS) Survivor: China season premiere
    Sept. 23 (FOX) Simpsons, King of the Hill and Family Guy season premieres
    Sept. 23 (CBS) 60 Minutes, Cold Case and Shark season premieres
    Sept. 24 (ABC) The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars season premieres
    Sept. 24 (NBC) Chuck and Journeyman series premieres
    Sept. 24 (NBC) Heroes season premiere
    Sept. 24 (CBS) How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement and CSI: Miami season premieres
    Sept. 24 (CBS) The Big Bang Theory series premiere
    Sept. 25 (CW) Reaper series premiere
    Sept. 25 (FOX) Bones and House season premieres
    Sept. 25 (NBC) L&O: SVU season premiere
    Sept. 25 (CBS) NCIS and The Unit season premieres; Cane series premiere
    Sept. 26 (ABC) Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money series premieres
    Sept. 26 (CW) Gossip Girl series premiere
    Sept. 26 (CBS) Criminal Minds and CSI: NY season premieres
    Sept. 26 (NBC) Deal or No Deal season premiere
    Sept. 26 (NBC) Bionic Woman and Life series premieres
    Sept. 27 (ABC) Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy season premieres; Big Shots series premiere
    Sept. 27 (CW) Smallville season premiere
    Sept. 27 (NBC) My Name Is Earl, The Office and ER season premieres
    Sept. 27 (CBS) CSI and Without a Trace season premieres
    Sept. 28 (NBC) Las Vegas season premiere
    Sept. 28 (CBS) Ghost Whisperer and Numbers season premieres; Moonlight series premiere
    Sept. 30 (FOX) American Dad season premiere
    Sept. 30 (ABC) Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters season premieres
    Sept. 30 (Showtime) Dexter season premiere
    Sept. 30 (Showtime) Brotherhood season premiere
    Oct. 1 (CW) Everybody Hates Chris, The Game and Girlfriends season premieres; Aliens in America series premiere
    Oct. 2 (ABC) Cavemen and Carpoolers series premieres
    Oct. 3 (ABC) Pushing Daisies series premiere
    Oct. 4 (NBC) 30 Rock season premiere
    Oct. 4 (CW) Supernatural season premiere
    Oct. 5 (NBC) Friday Night Lights season premiere
    Oct. 7 (CW) Life Is Wild series premiere
    Oct. 7 (ABC) America’s Funniest Home Videos season premiere
    Oct. 12 (ABC) Men in Trees season premiere; Women’s Murder Club series premiere
    Oct. 15 (ABC) Samantha Who? series premiere
    Oct. 18 (CBS) Viva Laughlin series premiere
    Oct. 25 (NBC) Scrubs season premiere
    Nov. 27 (ABC) Cashmere Mafia series premiere

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

awesome!! thanks for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2558794;
    wow, lots of new crap to program into the dvr

i watched the k-ville premiere already; was ok

had lots of recognizeable actors and actresses from all over the place

Having grown up close to New Orleans, I'll never watch the K-Ville show because if they are truthful they will show my beloved city in a very bad light and I don't want to see that. I also don't want to see them Hollywoodize New Orleans and not show the bad stuff.. so they just can't win as far as I'm concerned.

I'm really looking forward to Private Practice. I loved the preview and think its so much lighter and just plain fun compared to Greys A. Also looking forward to the return of Brothers and Sisters and hope that Men in Trees really does comes back too (one day it is and the next it isn't.. sighs).

Not too interested in anything else other than all the reality shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)