+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: October Road.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

October Road.

Was wondering if anyone watched this last night. I kinda liked it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

what channel? i hadn't even heard of it!
    Last edited by j2dap; 03-16-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: nice stabbing westward quote btw!

ABC

Laura Prepon from That 70's show is in it.

Nick Garrett (Bryan Greenberg, One Tree Hill) leaves his home town of Knight Ridge, Mass I think it is, to find himself for 6 weeks and leaves his Girlfriend Hanna Jane (Prepon) behind. Ends up back home after 10 years and having written a screenplay thats angered all his friends, and has a few shocks to deal with.

Most of it was cliche and predictable, but it worked because there was some good acting. Overall I liked it, good music through out the epi as well.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

hmmm, maybe i will have to check it then. thx!

You can watch last nights show here

ABC.com Full Episode Player

I've watched the first half-hour so far, will catch the rest tonight. I'm enjoying it... like you said, predictable but enjoyable. I like the music too. I'm kinda wondering about the music... in the flashback scenes, they seem to be playing stuff from the 70s. Is the show's setting supposed to be in the 80s...?

FireWoman... I liked it as well. Last night was a lot of beginning character development, so I can't wait to see how the normal shows proceed.

Very well done, and I love revisiting the music.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I absolutely loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by katkitty;2283439;
    I've watched the first half-hour so far, will catch the rest tonight. I'm enjoying it... like you said, predictable but enjoyable. I like the music too. I'm kinda wondering about the music... in the flashback scenes, they seem to be playing stuff from the 70s. Is the show's setting supposed to be in the 80s...?
    Yeah i said the same thing lol. But hearing The Gin Blossoms and such again.. and having it be so fitting.. took me back to the mid 1990's. I admit, I misted up a bit

I think it started in the 90's and ended up being today.

I thought it was just horrible. Every single cliche from any of a dozen "prodigal son" shows tossed into one show.

Plus, while I love the Gin Blossoms, its a bit weird to have them be the soundtrack of any show not happening 15 years ago.

As for the whole "somehow everyone failed to tell me I had a baby" thing, whatever. Yeah I know they attempted to explain that the girl must have gotten another guy to "cover" being abandoned, but I found myself muttering "whatever".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast