+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: October Road.

FORT Fogey
    I'm a little embarassed to ask, but in the beginning of the second episode, there was a Jackson Browne song. I sang along with it and thought, "oh that's one of my favorite JB's song" and then I decided over the weekend to listen to it, but couldn't remember which song or which CD (although at that time, it would have been LP) it was on. Can anyone help me?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2297257;

I think it should be pretty easy for the lead character to verify or discredit Donna's story about who the father was. All he needs to do is look up the boy's birthday in the county birth records, and do the math.

Donna (or whatever he character's name is) claimed the father was some guy she slept with when she realized the lead guy wasn't coming back from his trip. So that means it was at least 6 weeks after he left town.
    She said that she'd slept with the Harvard guy one month after he left - when she realized he wasn't ever coming back. Truthfully, those two are close enough that it'd be next to impossible to figure out the father based on the birth date. With healthy babies being born early and late, it could go either way there.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2297303;
    I'm a little embarassed to ask, but in the beginning of the second episode, there was a Jackson Browne song. I sang along with it and thought, "oh that's one of my favorite JB's song" and then I decided over the weekend to listen to it, but couldn't remember which song or which CD (although at that time, it would have been LP) it was on. Can anyone help me?
    Okay, never mind. I answered my own question. It was The Pretender. I thought so at the time, but senility set in and when I listened to it over the weekend, I convinced myself that wasn't it. Wow, concentration is something I don't have to worry about...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2297257;
    Wow, I was surprised to read all these comments. I was really liking this show.

OK, the scene with the lead character serenading the colleage Dean and having that actually WORK was a little odd, but otherwise I liked it.

Interesting twist that the cheating affair with the best friend's wife is a weekly event, not just a 1-time fling as the little ugly guy claimed. Not sure what that lady sees in him, but stranger things have happened.

I like the smart little boy.

I think it should be pretty easy for the lead character to verify or discredit Donna's story about who the father was. All he needs to do is look up the boy's birthday in the county birth records, and do the math.

Donna (or whatever he character's name is) claimed the father was some guy she slept with when she realized the lead guy wasn't coming back from his trip. So that means it was at least 6 weeks after he left town.

I still like this show.. fan sites have rated it rather highly too. Ill watch till they yank it off the air lol

I love the little boy.. he has to be one of the least annoying child actors on atm.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2297303;

I thought the same thing- "Sweet, Jackson Browne. Great song to open with!"
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I think the show has started off a little slow...hopefully it speeds up a little and get on with it. but I still watch it cause it comes one right after Grays Anatomy

It's been too long since I was 10...
    Why did the little girl run away during Pumpkin Fest? That was sad.

The dark-heard college student is little vixen. (I wouldn't mind some of her skills.)

I know the show is predictable, but still I like it.

Best part of tonight's show: the meddling dead woman

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2303738;
    It's been too long since I was 10...
    Why did the little girl run away during Pumpkin Fest? That was sad.

The dark-heard college student is little vixen. (I wouldn't mind some of her skills.)

I know the show is predictable, but still I like it.

Best part of tonight's show: the meddling dead woman
    Well way I sees it....

She either didn't like him that way.. kinda hard as a 10 year old hearing another 10 year old saying I love you, even if in song.
    OR, She wasn't ready for it and was embarrassed.

I loved how Hannah (and damn me for not connecting that they sang Hootie's "Hannah Jane" to her at pumpkinfest.. I LOVE that song) was talking to Nicks mother at her grave site at the end..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Re: October Road.

So are we to assume he's the father after the hospital incident or just that they really do love each other?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: October Road.

I do love this show! buglover, I think the answer to your post is "Yes!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast