+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Riches on FX

The Riches on FX

I didn't see a thread established for this show.

Did anyone else watch this last night? I thought it was very good. Minnie Driver is terrific as the wife and mother to a family of modern-day gypsies. Through some odd twists and turns they end up assuming the identities of a wealthy family - living in their house, making friends, going to the club. It was both dark and funny.
    I'm not sure how the dad became such a good golfer, though .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I watched it too, in part because I love Eddie Izzard and, in other part, it's set (though not filmed) where I live.

I liked it a lot too, and I hope it has a fate better than "Thief" did last year. The shows have a similar dark vibe, although "The Riches" has a bit more comedy aspect to it. (Except for that car crash...man, that was brutal!)

Loved it! I am so glad someone started a thread for this. I am a huge fan of both Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. I liked that it had limited commericals.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I watched it.... twice!!!

As soon as the promos for The Riches started during my beloved "Dirt", I was hooked. And the guy in the promo just grabbed me and reeled me right in. Part of it was his looks... and part of it was his voice. And then I realized it was my Eddie Izzard!!! (yes, I say "my" because, well, ladies, he's MINE! hahahahah).

I love Minnie Driver... so incredibly versatile and just disappears into a character completely. She's great with accents!

I love Eddie Izzard... will watch him in anything... en-kneee-thing!

Does anyone have information about the theme song that is played during the opening credits? I've searched and searched but cannot find anything about it.

I'm so glad someone started this thread! I hope it The Riches fares better than last year's Thief... I'm still upset about that show... and The Nine... and countless others that were pulled long before they should've been. Nowadays a new show is not given an adequate chance of finding an audience and developing legs before it's unceremoniously yanked and those of us who champion it are left hanging

I am crossing my fingers for The Riches!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan
    I was washing clothes and I missed...when they went to push the car into the water...what did they do with the wife who had been thrown out? Did they just leave her on the ground, stick her in the car with 'Doug' or did they just not address her whereabouts?
    I was creeped out by Doug's last words..."go to hell"....ewww....he seemed a tad evil...showing his true colors...open to lots of possibilities!
    It's a brilliant story line -- with genius casting! I hope it sticks around, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2277916;

Does anyone have information about the theme song that is played during the opening credits? I've searched and searched but cannot find anything about it.

I am crossing my fingers for The Riches!
    The song is called How We Operate by Gomez. Awesome music on the the show! I found out what the song was on the offical website for the show.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i just finished watching this and i'm impressed. i really didn't have high hopes for it, but i thought i'd check it out. even so, it took me almost all week to finally get around to watching.

i think it has interesting potential ... it'll continue to tune in...

it's way better than what i expected after watching the promos on tv. way better. and seeing minnie like that after she got out of prison. she is such a damn good actress to be able to pull that off. she looked like hell! i am interested to see where the relationship between her and the female neighbor goes. sounds like she might be supplying her with more pills for her fix maybe...

Not many actresses would be caught dead on camera with no makeup. I applaud her for that alone.

Didn't you just love the scene where she threw the hypodermic out the bathroom window, then locked herself out of the house while looking in the bushes for it?

I've been looking forward to tonight's ep. for days.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2286322;
    Not many actresses would be caught dead on camera with no makeup. I applaud her for that alone.

Didn't you just love the scene where she threw the hypodermic out the bathroom window, then locked herself out of the house while looking in the bushes for it?

I've been looking forward to tonight's ep. for days.
    I found in the previews for the season.. Minnie running across the street with a plate of cookies muttering, "Hi how are you? I brought you cookies now give me drugs.." or something to that effect funny as all hell!

I am liking this show more then I thought I would.. it's not at all what I expected.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast