+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Riches on FX

Re: The Riches on FX

I thought it was better this week, too. I liked Dahlia's friend. But that's the way it's been - great one week, so so the next. I'm sticking with it for the same reasons that everyone else is.
    Either the travelers need to go or the writers need to explain them better.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've missed two episodes in a row now but have them on DVR so I can watch whenever. I just don't have have that "oh it's Monday night and The Riches is on!!!" excitement that I used to.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2380936;
    This weeks episode was MUCH better I thought. I think they are finally getting it together storywise.

I think the acting is great. The writing needed to improve and it seems it has.
    I agree with you regarding this week's episode. Other than what you pointed out, I just thought that episode had the right "groove" (for lack of a better word) for this show, and I hope that they mostly stick with this kind of tone in the future. To me, it was surreal, yet most of what happened seemed to fit. That's the best way that I can explain it. Yes, the travelers' camp and those characters are the weakest links on this show. I know they'll return (Dale is definitely gonna catch up with Wayne and Dahlia...), but I hope that, when that happens, the characters and situations aren't so "cartoonish."

I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but "The Riches" has been renewed. So, hey, they'll have more opportunities for improvement.

Cat

MRD

I DVR this show. My husband hates it, so my daughter and I watch it together on Tues. afternoons. And we just laugh hysterically.

This week we were especially the high boss and the "outing" of the neighbor.
    What a dinner party. Would have LOVED to have been there. (this was close to what holiday dinners with my family were like many years ago. We had the way Christian Conservatives sitting down with the Hippie Liberals who were more than likely high, the gay cousin and the outrageous matriarch. Wait, I think I have been to a dinner party at the Riches! )

I also liked Dahlia's friend from jail.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I thought this week's ep. was another winner. I like when the neighbor who had her arm bitten off by the alligator is on. Something is always cooking with her.
    Doug's line about how the American work ethic came to be because of the Puritans and "that workaholic Miles Standish". It's true! My husband is not only a workaholic but a descendent of Miles Standish .
    And "You are causing the supply of Doug Rich to exceed the demand for Doug Rich" is another one that made me laugh.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

YAY!!! The Season Finale aired last night ... and we can only hope it was the SERIES FINALE as well. I hung on till the bitter end and it was so not worth it IMO. The show had such promise, such potential and was such utter crap at the end I can't believe they've renewed it for another season. But there were a LOT of loose ends...

Hugh telling Wayne/Doug that he really needed him, he was his only friend and Wayne/Doug saying "I'll be right there".

Nynah being so hurt that the Riches were leaving and telling them she'd be there for them.

Dale finally finding out what Wayne and Dahlia were up to... and starting to beat up Pete (leaving him between conscious and unconscious)

Hugh's stepson with the gun... uhm... whatever.

Grandma still being out of the "home"... WTF are they gonna do with her? Just keep wheelin her around with them?

The final two episodes (when the real Doug Rich's friend Pete showed up) were so contrived and ridiculous. When Dahlia/Shereen was falling asleep at the dinner table, I felt her pain... I WAS FALLING ASLEEP TOO.

I see lots of potential for another season since they left so many loose ends but as bad as this season was I'm not investing in another one. Blech!

Good Riddance I say.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Marlena M, I can't agree with you anymore!!!
    There are so many things about this show that made me go, "wtf"??
    I wouldn't have finished the season if it weren't for the other half of the house loving it. Instead of spouting off about everything that's stupid about it, I just have to sit there and watch while biting my tongue.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

While I can't say that the series wasn't uneven, I still found myself mesmerized by the performances. It's not your average american style tv show, it's not going to be all tied up with a pretty bow and a happy ending, and I think thats a good thing. The last few episodes really worked more for me. I'm glad it got renewed.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2430495;
    The final two episodes (when the real Doug Rich's friend Pete showed up) were so contrived and ridiculous.
    i agree ... i've loved the show all "season", but these last two episodes were just too much. it was almost like they were rushing to get a script out, not caring how horrible it was.

i have to admit, i've never liked minnie driver before ... but she did an awesome job in this show.

MRD

Anyone watching this season?

I like the concept, but it could be better planned out.
    Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard are great, but the show seems kind of aimless.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast