+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Riches on FX

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I loved the first episode, couldn't resist watching when I saw the cast (Eddie and Minnie!). The glimpse into the "Traveler/Gypsy/Grifter" life is also fascinating. Eddie really gave a great performance, you hate what he's doing, but he's so mesmerzing while doing it, it almost seems an honour to be grifted/pickpocketed by him. It's funny, the family seems so bound to the traveler life, yet at the same time, you can see a kind of longing for a "buffers" life.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Chorita KaBoom - I agree.

I kept wondering where I'd seen the girl who plays DiDi before - Shannon Marie Woodward was on Psych a few weeks ago.

I love the scenes with the neighbor lady. Saying the doctor helps people with the "stresses" of everyday life (pat,pat)

And when the other neighbors' wooden arm came off, oh I laughed out loud. She's going to be trouble.

Support that lifestyle on $200,000 a year? Nuh-uh. This will take Wayne to a new level of grifting, no?

I think grandpa is faking. Everyone comes to him and spills their guts - someday he will use this cache of info.

Did anyone catch what job Dahlia said she got?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2287899;
    Chorita KaBoom - I agree.

I kept wondering where I'd seen the girl who plays DiDi before - Shannon Marie Woodward was on Psych a few weeks ago.

I love the scenes with the neighbor lady. Saying the doctor helps people with the "stresses" of everyday life (pat,pat)

And when the other neighbors' wooden arm came off, oh I laughed out loud. She's going to be trouble.

Support that lifestyle on $200,000 a year? Nuh-uh. This will take Wayne to a new level of grifting, no?

I think grandpa is faking. Everyone comes to him and spills their guts - someday he will use this cache of info.

Did anyone catch what job Dahlia said she got?
    Was she the one who's best friends family took her in.. her best friend was killed falling out of the window??

Yeah I think Grampy knows a bit more then he is letting on. But I still am not sure why Wayne would take the cash from her 'family'. He had to know it would casue issues.. but I can see him doing it to get back at them for what they did to her.. but still somethings missing there for me.

Dahlia said, just as the person whos life she took over was, is now a dental hygienist. If I recall correctly.. A board certified, licensed, dental hygienist. or something to that effect.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

That was her. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I'd seen her before. Not so much that I care about who she is, but that my memory is shot.
    I get it now about Dahlia's job, thanks. She didn't interview, she found out what the dead woman did - makes my teeth hurt just thinking about that!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

CEO

Re: The Riches on FX

I am enjoying this show.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For those of you who haven't caught every episode.
    On Friday night (4-13) they will show all of the episodes so far this season.
    It is an excellent show-IMO!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I haven't missed a single episode! I have them all on DVR too. Really enjoy this show although Eddie Izzard's american accent isn't always convincing. That Minnie Driver does wonderful accents... totally believable.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I hope FX gives it time to build an audience. Great writing and acting.

CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2325562;
    That Minnie Driver does wonderful accents... totally believable.
    Yes. I didn't even know that she is a Brit. Her accents sound like someone from another part of the United States trying to pass themselves as from the American South -- but the fact that she is from the UK makes that extraordinary.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

We have liked this show too, but I'm finding myself saying, "Ohh commeonnnn" more often than not lately. The biggest problem I have is how everything seems to be so "easy" for them...for instance, not a SOUL is going to look for the dead couple that owns the house??
    Eh..
    I just wish it was a tad more believable, but we're still really enjoying it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast