+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Adventures of Old Christine

New Adventures of Old Christine

Sorry if there is already a thread about this show, I searched around and could not find one BUT is anyone else a fan? I recently got into this show -- have been watching old episodes on CBS.com and LOVE it. Love Julia Louis Dreyfus too.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I enjoy it. Nice that Dreyfus didn't get stuck to another stinker.

It seems strange that she would fair so poorly in getting her itch scratched semi regularly to the point of not climbing the walls in heat as she appears to do, but life is one strange trip in many regards.

I like her co-working cohort, though I thought it was a mistake for Christine to take her on as a business partner having given so little thought as to what that entailed and what negative as well as positive connective issues might get manifested down the line.

I like her bro and her ex as well. He kid? Eh. The principal? OK, but she shouldn't have gotten touchy feely with him, or at least thought of her kid first rather than her own desires.

I liked her last short-lived show where she played a jazz singer and actually got to sing every week. Must have been one of the few that liked it since it got cancelled pretty fast! I'm glad this one has lasted longer and that new episodes are coming up. And the upside of the other one's being cancelled is that it freed up Steve Carrell to do other things like The Office, easily one of the best shows on television.

I watched her other show a couple of times, but there wasn't anything about it that grabbed me like this current one did the first episode I saw. Might not be a better show across the board than her previous effort, but it is entertaining fluff, and she appear to have much better support in the cast and in the storyline this time.

yay, glad there are others who enjoy this as well. I never got into her other show but glad that this one is doing well. I have some episodes to catch up on so I will be spending lots of time on cbs.com watching the old ones...

And yall dont forget that there is a new timeslot...it comes on at 8:30pm and starts next monday -- woohoo. I will be out of town but definitely will be catching it when I get back I can't wait.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

LG.
    I love this show. I really like Julia L-D and Wanda Sykes. I think that the school that Christine's son goes to is very much like my daughter's school, and I'm the "not cool" mom like Christine who goes to work instead of hanging out reading to the kids everyday.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I missed all but a few minutes of the first episode the other night. Got a kick out of the end though where the kid demonstates to his elders how far out of their element they are in the role playing game. And the sexualization of the huge red sea serpent was cute even though I believe that sort of thing has gone overboard in general on shows like this.

Like in the second episode, where waiting for baked goods from heaven we need the now all but obligatory reference that almost all women have (or ought to) get it on sexually with other women. Funny how they haven't expanded the same indoctrinating message toward men.

Yet.

Old Christine's ex's bro did a nice nice job speaking the truth but perverting it so the content was a lie, though he was ably aided by his brother, who obviously wasn't yet prepared to hear the truth.

I didn't realize just how slutty Old Christine is till her brother listed the extended family members she's gotten it on with. That was pretty funny. I like him (brother), though he gets a bit overwrought IMO about his sister being a SEXUAL entity. (He may be justified in getting a chasity belt for himself as long as he plans on sticking around her though. That woman...)

Yep, nothing original, but still I find it rip snortingly funny. I had a most enjoyable time on Monday happily sewing away and laughing and laughing and laughing. For some reason, I found the ex-boyfriend admitting that he had to take drugs in order to tolerate her absolutely hilarious.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

LG.
    I know, Christine's ex finding her "bearable" when he was heavily medicated was funny. And her reaction - mad that he wasn't "into" her even though she'd already decided that she didn't care for him (when she wasn't popping pills herself). She should have been relieved that he wasn't heart-broken. But that wouldn't be Christine.

I like new Christine too. At first I thought she was just a total pushover. But her flirting in the muffin line - she is really a good character foil for "old" Christine.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie

Re: New Adventures of Old Christine

I absolutely love Julia's clothes on this show! Does anyone know where I can get information about them? Designers, stores, etc. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast