+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Adventures of Old Christine

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: New Adventures of Old Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3841934;
    That was it! New Christine felt Richard really wasn't ready, and she was really angry about it.

Somehow I managed to miss the one where Richard married Barb! I bet that was a funny episode!
    Yeah, but what I forget is WHY Christine and Richard were together to get caught...

FORT Fogey

Why did Richard marry Barb? I missed that one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3842396;
    Yeah, but what I forget is WHY Christine and Richard were together to get caught...
    I think O. Christine found out that N Christine's dad was engaged to someone else, realizing her crush was doomed to fail she felt bad about herself. Richard wanted to console O. Christine, so she wouldn't feel so bad; and N Christine walked in then got angry.

When did Barb & Richard get married? Trying to figure out which episode I missed. Thanks!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

LG.

Barb and Richard got married to "fix" Barb's illegal alien status. Barb wanted to date that INS agent, but he sent her back to Barbados (was that it? Whatever country Barb is supposed to be from), and in order for her to stay in the US, she needed to get married, but her same sex marriage to Christine didn't satisfy the requirement, so Richard was the only other person standing around at the time. That's my recollection.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3843226;
    Barb and Richard got married to "fix" Barb's illegal alien status. Barb wanted to date that INS agent, but he sent her back to Barbados (was that it? Whatever country Barb is supposed to be from), and in order for her to stay in the US, she needed to get married, but her same sex marriage to Christine didn't satisfy the requirement, so Richard was the only other person standing around at the time. That's my recollection.
    Thank You!!!! I figured as much but I don't remember when in the world that happened. I looked through the recaps and I remember seeing all of the episodes this season, but it wasn't mentioned in any of the recaps.

Thanks so much!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So Barb and Richard must still be married, right? So he can't marry NC even if she forgives him. Usually you have to be married 5 years before you can get divorced and still be a citizen if I recall correctly.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I wonder how I missed so much! Thanks for catching me up!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3845349;
    So Barb and Richard must still be married, right? So he can't marry NC even if she forgives him. Usually you have to be married 5 years before you can get divorced and still be a citizen if I recall correctly.
    If that is the actual law, then they must be playing fast and loose with regulations for comedic effect since Barb was married to Pete for around ten years or so (I think), and she was immediately marked for deportation upon the finalization of their divorce.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3846194;
    If that is the actual law, then they must be playing fast and loose with regulations for comedic effect since Barb was married to Pete for around ten years or so (I think), and she was immediately marked for deportation upon the finalization of their divorce.
    Right, but I think she never applied for a green card while she was married to him--didn't need one as long as she was married and never thought the marriage would end. On the other hand, given her age you'd have thought she might at least think he'd die....not sure what happens then. Pretty dumb of her.

I'm so sad they've cancelled this, I really like this show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast