+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Adventures of Old Christine

Re: New Adventures of Old Christine

I love this show, but it seems like it hasn't been on for awhile. I thought it was doing well... Has it been taken off the air?

I love this show; it's hilarious. The actors are great. I can't believe no one has posted about it in two years!

I know what you mean, and I look forward to it on Wednesday's too. I guess people just notice the shows that appear on the first couple of pages and move on. But, I agree - it provides me with several "laugh out loud" moments every show. Some of my favorite characters are Christine's Ex, and Barb....... they are both so funny! They both have written comedy in the past, so their ability to own the scene, timing and deliver their lines perfectly, is just the best (IMO).
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

It's a must see for me - along with Gary Unmarried right after it - I was never a JLD fan, but I find this show has good moments - although the Richard/New Christine thing isn't great.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

This is one of my top three must-see sitcoms, along with Big Bang and How I Met Your Mother. They've been rerunning the series on the women's network and so I just saw my very favourite episode last night - the one where Christine and Burton discover they can only tolerate each other when they're drugged up. Hilarious.

ETA: I just scrolled up this thread to find that I had posted about this particular episode the first time it ran in 2007. Apparently it will never stop being funny to me .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love this show! It's one of the highlights of my week. One question though, what is up with Matthew's hair? It drives me insane. He is so hideous.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3804616;
    I love this show! It's one of the highlights of my week. One question though, what is up with Matthew's hair? It drives me insane. He is so hideous.
    He's bascially cute in a geeky way....I think they use the hair to make it more reasonable that he doesn't have a girlfriend.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I missed this show for a while. Why are Richard and new Christine broken up?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3841731;
    I missed this show for a while. Why are Richard and new Christine broken up?
    Something happened at the wedding.... Hmmm, now I'm not recalling either... I seem to remember Old Christine and New Christine's dad hugging it up.... but also that Richard and Old Christine were together and got caught.. Definitely a mess at the wedding.... and she won't forgive him.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3841757;
    Something happened at the wedding.... Hmmm, now I'm not recalling either... I seem to remember Old Christine and New Christine's dad hugging it up.... but also that Richard and Old Christine were together and got caught.. Definitely a mess at the wedding.... and she won't forgive him.
    That was it! New Christine felt Richard really wasn't ready, and she was really angry about it.

Somehow I managed to miss the one where Richard married Barb! I bet that was a funny episode!
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast