+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Drive

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Drive

You mean the actress who played Fred in Angel? I never seem to get a good look at the wife's picture.
    We certainly are seeing a different Tully now....
    I note they eliminated what seem to be the only two black main characters. Wonder if they got "eliminated" in other ways. That would explain the lack of rumors about such a race.
    Of course, like LOST, there are a lot of background cars also in the race, not just the ones we've come to know. Maybe if the show lasts some of them will become main characters.
    So the bad guys don't (yet) have the baby, right? And the mom's racing to get $$ so she can leave the abusive husband?
    Here's some off the top predictions....
    The dying astrophysicist and daughter don't win, but they really "win" by reconnecting.
    The Hispanic half brothers don't win, but they really "win" by getting to know each other and bonding (and maybe the younger one hooks up with the astrophysicist's daughter, finding love, and making her dad feel better about her future).
    The mom doesn't win, but she really "wins" because she finds she can do all kinds of tough things she didn't think she had the backbone for, so she reclaims her baby and leaves the husband because now she can stand on her own. No thoughts on her partner--so far she seems pretty negative and disposible.
    The military guy and his wife don't win, but they really "win" because they find out what's important in life (or he finds out she's just a faking it money grubber and leaves her).
    Which I think leaves Tully and his partner--he wins and gets his wife back and she somehow gets to take revenge on the organizers, and they crash the whole evil system.
    Thoughts? Disagreements? Really enjoying the twists of the show so far.
    ETA razorbacker--good point about the mtns in Florida. My sig. other is a "highpointer" and has climbed the highest point in Florida (along with those of 48 other states), and it's the lowest high point in the US. The high point for Florida is in the panhandle though, I'll give them that.

ETA razorbacker--good point about the mtns in Florida. My sig. other is a "highpointer" and has climbed the highest point in Florida (along with those of 48 other states), and it's the lowest high point in the US. The high point for Florida is in the panhandle though, I'll give them that.

One of the very highest points is Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. But I guess the couldn't have used that.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2337361;
    You mean the actress who played Fred in Angel? I never seem to get a good look at the wife's picture.
    We certainly are seeing a different Tully now....
    Yes, I knew that character had a man's name but I couldn't remember it. She was shown in one of Tully's hallucinations/imagined her talking to him while he was beating that guy up in the hotel bathroom, so that is when I recognized her.

Is this show supposed to appeal to NASCAR fans or something? Not my scene.
    I was definitely "feeling" the new fast-driving Tully, however. My fast-driving days are probably over. With the price of gas as it is, I'm feeling very conflicted about the "romance of the road." Soon we'll all have to be robbing banks just to afford our daily commute!

I wonder how much of the incontinuity had to do with the reshooting of the "pilot" and the reworking of characters and such. As Ivan Sergi was supposed to be playing Alex. Isn't that pretty far from Nathan?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2337361;
    You mean the actress who played Fred in Angel?
    Amy Acker, and she was also in Alias.

I am loving this show.. Nathan as a "bad boy" makes him all that much more sexy to me!

I hope that Fox gives the show a chance, because as much as I loved it it looks like the rest of the vewing public had other thoughts.. it didn't do well in the numbers.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2339227;
    Amy Acker, and she was also in Alias.

I am loving this show.. Nathan as a "bad boy" makes him all that much more sexy to me!

I hope that Fox gives the show a chance, because as much as I loved it it looks like the rest of the vewing public had other thoughts.. it didn't do well in the numbers.
    Oh no!

Oh man, I was just wondering last night if it was doing well in the numbers. Husband and I love it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

They didn't give Firefly a chance...
    Hopefully they will rerun it over the summer break and people will pick up on it after they are through with exams or whatever is stopping them from tuning in. I can't stand the "popular" shows like 24 and Prison Break. Why can't they leave something good on the air for me to watch?

I just saw the actress who plays the crazy mom, Melanie Lynsky, in the 1999 movie Detroit Rock City that was playing on Comedy Central last night. That's a good movie, btw, if you ever get to see it without all the stupid late night commercial interruptions.

PS - just looked her up on imdb - she'd been in a lot more movies than I would have thought --
    Melanie Lynskey - Biography
    Last edited by Harvest; 04-19-2007 at 12:36 PM.

I saw her last week in Heavenly Creatures with Kate Winslet.
    talk about a crazy character, but she was amazing in the part.

I'm surprised she hasn't been more mainstream already. I always enjoy her 'characters' on shows. Loved her on 2-1/2 Men.

I think this will catch on like heroes - it took forever for people to realize when and where that was on in the beginning also.

Nathan is just as yummy as they come. I Loved SERENTY, and went back and got the dvds for Firefly. so droolworthy.

Personally, I dont think studios that make movies like this should hand anything to FOX. Besides 24 and Prison Break, when was the last time FOX has hits like Lost or Heroes (for non-reality shows)? Allie Mcbeal? Thats like 6 years ago. Point is , it's hard to have hits on Fox.

I'll be damned if this show is canceled, because I dont watch 24 and Prison break. Just when I have something to look forward to on Mondays.

+ Reply to Thread