+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Drive

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar

Re: Drive

I really enjoyed this... I personally love it's "regular" timeslot... but my mondays are getting packed with 24, Bachelor and now Drive. My TiVo will be busy!
    "We're going to have to watch that again" - John Locke

I was curious to see what they would replace Prison Break with! This show was pretty good. I only caught bits and pieces between TAR and then falling asleep, but I did tape the first two hours, so I hope to get caught up soon.

Anything with Nathan Fillion has to be good, right?

Loved the show! Glad it's on Fridays on CTV 'cause we have nothing else that we watch on that night and our other nights are filled already.

And I loved when Wendy said "I think maybe I should have shot you instead" too!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've only watched the first hour so far, and I'm thinking this is going to be a hit. It should definitely capture the people who like the high tension of Prison Break while it's on its break.

So I wonder how all these people were chosen. They all seem to have done something bad or are surrounded by secrets. The dad dying, the guy just getting out of prison, Alex's past and wife missing, etc.

Interesting to find out Alex isn't as good as I thought he'd be. It seems he was actually pretty bad at one point.

I've read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Corina just may know where Alex's wife is
    . I really hope that's not true. I was liking their dynamics.

I thnk this show is going to be a hit. Interesting concept & lot's of back stories to catch up on. I likes it.

This show is soo dope !! It just keeps getting better and better. I think its already better than Lost, except for the acting part of some charactors (like that girl whose husband was in the army, just so not convincing at all). But apart from that, it's been a touch down every week( well so far).

I like how the organization behind the race is kind of psycho the way they interact with Alex and others. You know, dragging Alex all the way, beated him up just to make him want to race even more and give him a new ride. Wow.

When other big hits like Heroes go off the air in Summer, this show will be the show to beat on Mondays on anytime slot. Finger crossed!!

Did you all notice in the opening sequence that the Katrina blonde was in the car with the younger black woman, the "crazy mom" was driving alone, and the teenage girl was shown alone? Do you think that means the oldest drivers, the older black woman and the dying astrophysicist, are going to get eliminated from the race early on? Just like in Survivor, the oldest may be the first to go....

Did anyone recognize the actor who plays the astrophysicist? I think he played the molester in that disgusting movie whose title I can't remember. Definitely an actor who can play lot going on beneath the surface.

Of course you know I love Nathan Fillian and the "crazy mom" who played Rose on 2 1/2 Men. I like the Latino team, too. I agree about some of the other actors not being all that great. Did you notice that the actress who plays Tully's wife was another Whedon alum, the girl from Angel?

If this series were just a thriller I would not watch, but clearly "Drive" also refers to what drives or motivates the characters, and that makes it more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2335906;
    Did anyone recognize the actor who plays the astrophysicist? I think he played the molester in that disgusting movie whose title I can't remember. Definitely an actor who can play lot going on beneath the surface.
    That would be Dylan Baker, a hell of an actor, and yes, he was in Happiness. He isn't a regular on the show - he's listed in the guest stars in the opening sequence - so it would seem likely that his character will die or otherwise be incapacitated.

And as for the Joss Whedon connection, Tim Minear, the producer of Drive, was a producer/writer on Angel and Firefly - one more reason to expect good things from the show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I like the show, & I know it has already been filmed a few episodes in advance. But, here's what bugs me. The guy & girl stuck on the road with the broken down P/U Truck. If you notice the cameras catch a bunch of mountains in the background. This is N.Fl. there are no mountains like that there. Then the guy & girl that pull off the road to search for the cell phone do so in a desert landscape. Once again, where does this type of landscape exist in N. Fl. or S. Ga.? Continuity people should get it straight.

+ Reply to Thread