+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Drive

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2289741;
    Is he the guy from Serenity / Firefly? That was enough to make me want to watch (I still love Joss Whedon and anyone who came from his series), even though normally I would not watch a car show. I hope Drive lives up to its promise. It hasn't even started and there are already 2 pages of comments looking forward to it!
    Yes he is.. yummmm... and was Joey on One Life To Life. I miss Firefly and this could be just what I need to replace my Mal fix.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2289741;
    Is he the guy from Serenity / Firefly? That was enough to make me want to watch (I still love Joss Whedon and anyone who came from his series), even though normally I would not watch a car show. I hope Drive lives up to its promise. It hasn't even started and there are already 2 pages of comments looking forward to it!
    Yep, that's him - Captain Malcolm Reynolds on one of my husband's all-time favorite TV shows.

Re: Drive

So I'm watching Drive right now on CTV and it's already looking really good. I'm really liking it thus far. It's only the first two episodes so I'm not sure if we're getting to see the entire premier or I have to wait till Monday to see hour 3. I'll definitely be tuning in!!

I just watched the first two episodes myself - it definitely looks like a keeper at this point. The Amazing Race with Nathan Fillion and Charles Martin Smith, what's not to like.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Heck, Nathan Fillion.. enough said! lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Really enjoyed the show too. Love Nathan - another good Canadian boy.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

It was rather interesting. I'll be watching hour 3 Monday night. I hope it doesn't get too convoluted and I'm really anxious to talk about some things, but I'll wait till everyone's seen it so there aren't a lot of spoiler tags.

Oh my god this show is awesome!! The amazing race meets The fast and furious meets Silent hill( minus the zombies).

That new mum charactor is brilliant. I laughed my lungs out when she got back in the car with that blondie and said "I think may be I should have shot you"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm in. The first two hours went well enough. My only gripe is that it's regular time is on Mondays, opposite How I Met Your Mother. Don't TPTB know you can NOT put Buffy alums against each other!?!?

LG.

It's hard for me to see Brian Bloom as a "heavy" as I remember him playing a teenager on Days of our Lives back in the 80s - not a heavy. But I loved Nathan Fillon taking him hostage as leverage to get info about his wife. Why wouldn't he. And I liked his new "partner" and think she should have told him about her "stake" in the race earlier, but I guess they needed that tension for awhile. That new mom is hard for me to watch, though, because as a mom, to be away from your 5 day old baby, that would be heart breaking. I like the brothers who had never met each other before too. Like how he called their dad to proof to his bro, and then decided, what the heck, come on this race with me. That dad needs to come clean with his teenage daughter about his medical condition. He's risking her life with his crazy driving, trying to lose the brothers, he can be honest with his daughter that he's got something terminal. I liked it. I'll watch Monday.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread