+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fillion Fills Buffy Role.

Fillion Fills Buffy Role.

From ET Online

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Nathan Fillion is joining the cast of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," taking on a key role in the final five episodes of the about-to-wrap series.

Fillion, who most recently starred in "Buffy" creator Joss Whedon's short-lived Fox television drama "Firefly," will play Caleb, a former man of God who's turned to the dark side and now follows a "Buffy" baddie known as the First. Fillion's first segment airs next month.

"Nathan Fillion has a leading man's looks, but he's actually horribly evil, so he makes Caleb the epic foil for Buffy that he needs to be," Whedon said. "Caleb calls himself a preacher, but his habit of murdering girls and his alliance with the darkest evil known to man makes him exactly the sort of guy whose (butt) Buffy needs to kick."

The actor's feature credits include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Blast from the Past." He also is working on a pilot for NBC.

Whedon last month confirmed that this season will be the final one for "Buffy," which has aired on UPN for the past two seasons and previously spent five years at the WB. The series finale of the cult fave will air in May.

Fillion hails from Alberta Canada.

"That's Numberwang!"

I liked him on Two Guys and a Girl (and for a short time, a Pizza Place).

LG.
    Oh yes, he was the guy who married Sharon. I always like him on the 2 guys show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Oooh so he's playing Caleb. Creepy!

i believe i first remember him from his stint as a buchanan boy on "one life to live."

Don't remember him from Private Ryan.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    me neither Paulie. Maybe he was one of the Ryan brothers, who all had 5 second clips of them dying in the beginning of the film.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

that was him, lg! good eye!

Was he the one with the backpack, face down in the ocean? Man, he was terrific in that role!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast