+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Black Donnellys

I have never considered myself squeemish but when Tommy took the sledgehammer to Louie Downtown I actually had to look away.
    This show is pretty graphic.
    The "I want you, but I can't have you" storyline between Tommy and Jenny is going to get old fast. I'm glad you stopped by.. I had to tell you that I can't do this...
    um Jenny ?? too late and very selfish to state this after their little triste
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

This show is still on the air well thank goodness I still have the choice of watching I Love New York.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Is this show based on a true story (Canadian)? I seem to remember reading a book waaayy back in school called The Black Donnellys.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2276699;
    Is this show based on a true story (Canadian)? I seem to remember reading a book waaayy back in school called The Black Donnellys.
    The Black Donnellys: The true story of Canada's most barbaric feud - By: Thomas P. Kelley

It doesn't look like even remotely the same story.

also: Amazon.com: The Black Donnellys: Books: Thomas P. Kelley

It looks to me like the writers of the show neither knew nor particularly cared that there was an existing semi-historical work about a crew of mass murderers and the vigilante justice visited back upon them...
    Last edited by Krom; 03-12-2007 at 04:00 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2276769;
    The Black Donnellys: The true story of Canada's most barbaric feud - By: Thomas P. KelleyIt doesn't look like even remotely the same story.also: Amazon.com: The Black Donnellys: Books: Thomas P. Kelley It looks to me like the writers of the show neither knew nor particularly cared that there was an existing semi-historical work about a crew of mass murderers and the vigilante justice visited back upon them...
    Thanks Krom! I guess they just liked the family name....or the rewrites were so many they lost the original premise after the first few drafts.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    In the lead up to the debut Haggis...a Canadian..was asked if he was influenced by the "famous" Black Donnely's and he did know the story but hadn't intended to tell that particular story...even in an updated version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12