+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soap Opera Cancelled

Soap Opera Cancelled

Not that it comes as any big surprise to most people but the failing soap opera Passions has been cancelled to make way for a 4th hour of "Today". The cast members were told during a lunch break and then it was back to work to tape more scenes.
    Passions is a soap opera focusing on mainly witchcraft and the oddly occult. It should come as no big surprise to most viewers as it has been on the bottom of the ratings chart for quite some time. No word yet as to when the show's last episode will air but the show will remain on until "Today" starts the expansion.
    I can honestly say that I've only caught a few episodes of this and found it very boring and very silly and childish. The only person in my opinion that made the soap worth watching was Timmy. The actor who portrayed him passed away some time ago (last year, I think) and will be missed.
    All in all, I don't think too many people will be disappointed about the show's demise. No big loss. Farewell Passions.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Actually I thought this had been cancelled a long time ago but then again I never watched it either. I can't imagine 4 hours of Today. Surely the networks can come up with something better than a lame idea like that.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2218362;
    Actually I thought this had been cancelled a long time ago but then again I never watched it either. I can't imagine 4 hours of Today. Surely the networks can come up with something better than a lame idea like that.
    I agree but apparently there are people out there who want 4 hours of news on top of the eye opener and the evening news and the late night news. Before you know it, there will be nothing but news on that station 24/7
    "NBC (or is it CBS?) All news All the time"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I never watched Passions but heard that it had some very innovative plots anything to break up the slump most soaps are in hiring pretty people who can't act and then hiring writers who can write and do not take the show's bible to heart. I think I am all for having daytime novellas like My20 is doing at night. You have an ongoing story, but you know it will eventually end and the shear numbers of stories allows you to see a lot of new and older actors instead of the same insipid ones over and over again.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Passions was especially guilty of hiring a cast of pretty people who couldn't act. They also lost so many of their original cast members is such a short amouont of time, that they expected their fans to follow too many recasts. I tried to watch it, but they had no resolutions of ANY of their stories from what I have gathered from Soap Opera Digest. I do hope for anyone watching until the end that they give those fans a payoff and don't have a stupid ending like Sunset Beach where the whole show was a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2218591;
    I thought Passions was especially guilty of hiring a cast of pretty people who couldn't act. They also lost so many of their original cast members is such a short amouont of time, that they expected their fans to follow too many recasts. I tried to watch it, but they had no resolutions of ANY of their stories from what I have gathered from Soap Opera Digest. I do hope for anyone watching until the end that they give those fans a payoff and don't have a stupid ending like Sunset Beach where the whole show was a dream.
    The entire show being a dream was also the finale of St. Elsewhere years back.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2218616;
    The entire show being a dream was also the finale of St. Elsewhere years back.
    And Newhart as well.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    I am very surprise this show lasted as long as it did. I watch it at first but then it started getting unreal. Young and the Restless will always be my number one soap.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2218623;
    And Newhart as well.
    Yeah, but that was awesome.

I remember making an effort to watch the first few episodes of Passion when it premiered, because I thought it might catch on and become a phenomenon. Annnd I was wrong. I'm surprised the show has lasted this long, although I did occasionally enjoy it for the snark factor.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Well, serves NBC right for getting rid of Another World, only to put this garbage in it's place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast