+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CSI: Marg Helegenberger (Catherine Willows)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

CSI: Marg Helegenberger (Catherine Willows)

From CBS
    Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
    Born: November 16, 1958
    Birthplace: North Bend, NE
    Credits: Please check out the IMDB Database

Marg Helgenberger is best known to television audiences for her Emmy Award-winning role as K.C. in the series "China Beach." Her other television credits include recurring guest appearances in the series "ER," as George Clooney's character's love interest, and roles in the movies "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," on the CBS Television Network, "Thanks of a Grateful Nation" and "The Happy Face Murders" and the mini-series "The Tommyknockers." Helgenberger recently starred in the feature film "Erin Brockovich" with Julia Roberts. Her additional feature films include "Species," "Species II," "Fire Down Below," "The Last Time I Committed Suicide," "My Fellow Americans," "The Cowboy Way," "Bad Boys," "Always" and "Crooked Hearts."

She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, actor Alan Rosenberg, and their son, Hugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

JR.
    She has taken over the starring role in my "older woman" fantasy. I thought she looked great in the season opener.

JR, she is just really beautiful.

I saw her on one of the morning shows once and she seems like she has a really genuine personality as well.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

i have liked marg in everything i have seen her in.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

She just rocks!

She came a LONG way from a really tiny town in Nebraska!
    From the AP
    'CSI' Actress Recalls Neb. Hometown

.c The Associated Press

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Marg Helgenberger fantasized about becoming a star while plunging knives into beef carcasses during her summer job at a meatpacking plant in her Nebraska hometown.

``I would just daydream about doing Broadway, sing songs through my head. I guess I am sort of proof that dreams do come true,'' said the Emmy-winning actress, star of the CBS hit ``CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.''

``I just kind of put one foot in front of the other and got lucky,'' said Helgenberger, who worked as a meatpacker in North Bend, Neb. (population 1,213), more than 20 years ago.

She went from college graduation to a four-year role on the daytime soap ``Ryan's Hope.'' Then came her Emmy-winning role of K.C. Koloski, a heroin-addicted prostitute, on ``China Beach.''

Helgenberger, who plays crime scene investigator Catherine Willows, says she isn't surprised that ``CSI'' is one of television's top-rated shows.

``A good mystery is always going to be in vogue,'' the 43-year-old said by phone from Las Vegas, where she was shooting scenes for the drama.

Doing the well-worn genre in a new format - exploring a crime through forensic science by using special effects and flashbacks - also keeps viewers on their toes.

``I guess it makes them think and also entertains them,'' she said.

On the Net:

Marg Helgenberger Web site: http://www.marghelgenberger.net

CBS Web site: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/main.shtml

She is a perfect fit in her roll on CSI. All the characters in Vegas seem to play really well of of eachother. I'm sure it's one of the things that makes the show a success.
    It doesn't matter who she is working with, they just "click"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I always like her on China Beach too. I loved that show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

She gets prettier every episode too! Grrr

I really like her character. Where she comes from, how she's motivated...She's been in bad situations, and has learned to come through it all. Although they haven't shown her daughter at all this season.

+ Reply to Thread