+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ER - "The Advocate" 3/13

ER - "The Advocate" 3/13

The Advocate
    60 min.
    A favor for a popular but closeted politician (Bruce Weitz) has dire results for Kerry---and a patient; Carter and Abby come to terms with their ailing romance; Kovac finds an unusual outlet for his inner demons; and Romano's days as Chief of Staff begin to wane. Kerry: Laura Innes. Abby: Maura Tierney. Lewis: Sherry Stringfield. Chen: Ming-Na.

LG.
    a new episode, it's been so long I can't hardly remember what was going on.

What's up with Abby and Carter, as the last I saw he was going to propose, but didn't, and then she found the ring box in his pocket.

Luca, what the hell, get your shit together already.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, really, how long has it been? The last time I remember a new episode was exactly a month ago because I had to tape it because I was out that night....Actually, there must have been one more (Carter's second attempt at a purposal) because it would have still been in February sweeps.

Anyway...It's been way too long, I've missed the show. Last time I do remember was Carter and Abby going out and he was going to purpose but in the end he thought against it and then she was on the phone with Maggie while he was taking a shower and she was moving his coat or something and the ring fell out...or something like that.

Same old, same old with Luka too. I like Luka but this whole storyline is getting tiresome.

Looking forward to tonight...I'm enjoying Kerry break all these rules and cannot wait to see the aftermath of these cover-ups.

I'm also glad Romano is finally in the episode. The thing with Romano is...He'll have one or two episodes he's heavily in and then he's missing for like 3 weeks...I'm sick of that. I actually liked in better in past seasons where he was in the every episode in places. I love his quick humor and comments. As a Romano fan, I wish they hadn't given him the whole arm storyline....It's an interesting twist but I miss him in surgery and all...

After watching the episode last night, I had a few thoughts:

Glad to see Luka finally discussing his problems...even if it was with a hooker. Luka has a lot of depth but I'm sick of seeing him all moody and out of control...

Kerry...Wow. I'm really liking this storyline and I loved the scene where she was just watching Keith die. Kerry is not my favorite character...actually, I usually strongly dislike her but Lauren Innes makes Kerry fun to watch.

Blah...I'm upset with Anspaugh. Sure Romano isn't working up to his full ability these days and he's not the strongest in adminstration but IMO, Kerry isn't the best adminstrator either. I loved it how he just announced it without even asking Kerry and Kerry was just off in her own world.

Well, obviously I knew Abby would be on (She always on, ugh) but at least I didn't have to suffer through her too much. I'd prefer seeing Romano/Kerry/Luka/Gallant any day over seeing the Abby show over and over.

Originally posted by dahoney7
    Yeah, really, how long has it been? The last time I remember a new episode was exactly a month ago (snip)
    Yeah, what's up with this spotty NBC/ER stuff? You have to be worried when the network plays up "4 NEW episodes in a row". Wow, in a row? Thanks NBC.

Perhaps they'll actuallly do something more with cancer boy and Doc Lewis one of these days.

I died when Romano got his formerly severed hand caught in the bed....I really hate the guy. And the hooker thing was quite a kick too.....all that time I thought Luka was actually talking to a professional, I had no idea how right I was....

Originally posted by dahoney7
    Last time I do remember was Carter and Abby going out and he was going to purpose but in the end he thought against it and then she was on the phone with Maggie while he was taking a shower and she was moving his coat or something and the ring fell out...or something like that.
    It was something like Carter didn't think Abby would ever change, and the doubt that she would was put into his head beforehand by Abby's mom, so he had second thoughts and decided not to propose at the last moment, even though he had bought out a whole restaurant to do the deed. Of course, she finds the ring last thing in the ep. This ep., she tells Carter she quit smoking and went back to AA, which leads Carter to think that she knows about the proposal and he calls her on it, but she tells him she woke up and was disgusted by herself......

Sorry for the run-on sentences, I've been drinking

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I thought this episode was shocking.
    (not as shocking as the fact that it took me 2 weeks to get to it on the Tivo! )

Wow, Kerry is in a jam that's for sure. I actually feel really sorry for her!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread