+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dirt on FX Network

Dirt on FX Network

This looks like it's going to be a good show. It stars Courtney Cox as a hard hitting tabloid editor. I really couldn't find too much on it. Here's the FX site link:
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/dirt/
    The first show is January 2nd at 10pm eastern.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I already have my DVR set

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

The reviews have been brutal for this but I'm still planning on watching the first episode. I never listen to critics but unfortunately the networks usually do and if the critics ream it over the coals it will likely have a short shelf life regardless of whether or not the viewers like it.

Did you watch? I had to go to the airport and completely forgot about it once I got home. I'm sure it will be replayed, though. Just wondered if anyone watched and what they thought about it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Some stuff in it was okay, but a lot of it seemed very gimmicky. Ms. Cox was alright, but I don't think she took the "cold as ice mega bitch" thing far enough. The tactics of the magazine were too over the top in some ways. Sure the real ones pay photogs to stalk like crazy, but to actually ENGINEER scandals? Come on.

Also the visions of the Shizo photog were a bit too much. Amusing but totally the wrong tone for the rest of this.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Saw it.

I thought it was OK, but . . .

I'll take Nip/Tuck over this show.

If I happen to be around and nothing else is on, I might watch it again, if I remember to.

But I'm not gonna be ticked if I miss an episode, either.

I think they'll have to come up with something really off the chain to keep this one afloat.

Who knows? Maybe it'll heat up later on.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I saw the pilot episode of "Dirt" last night, and I was not at all impressed. To me, it played like a small-time B-movie-type of soap opera, and not even a very good one, at that ...

I've come to expect quality, adult-oriented, original dramas on FX. However, and if that pilot episode is any indication, "Dirt" does not fit that bill. I don't know even where to begin, in describing where this show goes wrong... At best, maybe "Dirt" could work on the Fox TV network. But, on FX, uh, NO...

Debra

For some reason I thought it was on later this week so I missed it. Sounds like I didn't miss much. I'm sure there will be a replay though.

I did watch this show. I try not to judge too harshly based just on pilots, so I'll probably watch a few more episodes before deciding whether I like it. I expected to be more impressed with the main character, something about her just seemed to be lacking. I thought the schizo photographer was the most interesting character on the show.

Yeah, the pilot wasn't that good, but I'm gonna give it a chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast