+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dirt on FX Network

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2292300;
    I agree about Don. He's my absolute favorite character from the show. And the actor is British! He does a phenomenal job as Don Konkey. He's such a tortured soul who truly does want to do the right thing but his mental illness presents such a daily challenge for him. I happen to like Courtney Cox-Arquette as Lucy Spiller. When Johnny Gage told about his gigalo ways at the end of his press conference, I was like "oh crap now Lucy has nothing to hold over him anymore!". But I loved how it was Julia who distributed the tape herself! Oh-My-Stars I just didn't see that coming.

Sorry if it makes me shallow... I love this show and will be sad to see it go!
    Don (Ian Hart) was Professor Quirinus Quirrell In the first Harry Potter movie! I loved him in there as well!
    I am still watching.. just later in the week.. its not bad, not great but there is a something something about it
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I am looking forward to tonights finale. Who put the envelope in Lucy's trunck?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Her brother put the pics in the her trunk! i guessed right...but that ending was crazy (im guessing julia is dead?) but it was a great ending and a nice set up for the next season I cant wait!

that was a really good season finale, the best episode yet. Hopefully they'll rework the show a little bit on the second season and make the whole second season good.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I was disappointed in the finale, really. I felt the previous episode (in which we find out it was Julia who released that tape... herself!) was much more involving.

I was not surprised it was Leo was was "stalking" Lucy... he had perfect access and it would've been hard to plausibly make it someone else.

I liked Jennifer Aniston's character... she's the kind you always have to watch out for since they suck you in, blindside you and cut you off at the knees before you even see it coming. With someone like Lucy Spiller, you always know where you stand... regardless of whether you like it or not. Maybe it's me but no matter what I see her in, Jennifer Aniston never seems to ACT... the characters are just "there" and it seems like she's reading lines and being herself. I couldn't see a difference between the character she played on Dirt and the character she played on Friends.

As always, I felt the most for Don... what a tortured soul. His is/was a great character that I always enjoyed. The show started with Don's schizophrenia trying to overtake him... and the show ended with his schizophrenia trying to overtake him. That disappointed me because I liked him best when he was in control of his schizophrenia... he knew he was schizophrenic and knew how to control it. So why in the end did he stop taking his meds? He was fine until Marquis was so badly attacked... but how did that translate into him stopping his meds?

I wasn't surprised at Willa learning to be like Lucy... it's what she coveted and what she cultivated.

I was so glad that Holt left Julia... finally!!! Not that Holt's a saint by any stretch of the imagination.

I wasn't surprised that Julia went after Lucy. Julia would never take responsibility for her actions... it was always "because of <insert name here>" that she did what she did. Lame... but realistic.

I've heard the show will not be coming back next season... does anyone know if that's true? Either way, I enjoyed it while it lasted... though the finale was mediocre.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2300617;
    I was disappointed in the finale, really. I felt the previous episode (in which we find out it was Julia who released that tape... herself!) was much more involving.

I was not surprised it was Leo was was "stalking" Lucy... he had perfect access and it would've been hard to plausibly make it someone else.

I liked Jennifer Aniston's character... she's the kind you always have to watch out for since they suck you in, blindside you and cut you off at the knees before you even see it coming. With someone like Lucy Spiller, you always know where you stand... regardless of whether you like it or not. Maybe it's me but no matter what I see her in, Jennifer Aniston never seems to ACT... the characters are just "there" and it seems like she's reading lines and being herself. I couldn't see a difference between the character she played on Dirt and the character she played on Friends.

As always, I felt the most for Don... what a tortured soul. His is/was a great character that I always enjoyed. The show started with Don's schizophrenia trying to overtake him... and the show ended with his schizophrenia trying to overtake him. That disappointed me because I liked him best when he was in control of his schizophrenia... he knew he was schizophrenic and knew how to control it. So why in the end did he stop taking his meds? He was fine until Marquis was so badly attacked... but how did that translate into him stopping his meds?

I wasn't surprised at Willa learning to be like Lucy... it's what she coveted and what she cultivated.

I was so glad that Holt left Julia... finally!!! Not that Holt's a saint by any stretch of the imagination.

I wasn't surprised that Julia went after Lucy. Julia would never take responsibility for her actions... it was always "because of <insert name here>" that she did what she did. Lame... but realistic.

I've heard the show will not be coming back next season... does anyone know if that's true? Either way, I enjoyed it while it lasted... though the finale was mediocre.

Well I have heard that Jennifer has been signed to do a few more epi's... so that my be a slight clue that it may be back
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2300617;

I completely agree. I didn't watch the episode, but saw the "big" kiss scene and she really didn't seem any different than Rachel. The kiss too was far too hyped up for what seemed like a slightly slightly more than friends-type kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2301924;
    I completely agree. I didn't watch the episode, but saw the "big" kiss scene and she really didn't seem any different than Rachel. The kiss too was far too hyped up for what seemed like a slightly slightly more than friends-type kiss.
    Yes, there was nothing special about that kiss. But, in my opinion, Jennifer's appearance was the best thing about that episode, other than the Don Konkey character (who, to me, was the best thing about the series).

I wanted to like "Dirt". I kept watching, hoping for improvements, but, sadly, there wasn't much that I could see. Among many things I could say, the show, in my opinion, lacked "soul" and, when needed, a sense of humor, and most of the acting (especially "sex" scenes) was devoid of much passion. Lots of slick style, but little substance. If "Dirt" had been mainly about Don Konkey, I would have liked it more.

Cat

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Dirt on FX Network

Does anyone know if there is a second season coming up for Dirt? I just starting watching it a few months ago (running on Bravo in Canada) and I really like it. From reading the previous posts I can tell that the first season finale is next week. Then I'll be Dirt deprived again so please tell me there's something to look forward to.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Re: Dirt on FX Network

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2761674;
    Does anyone know if there is a second season coming up for Dirt? I just starting watching it a few months ago (running on Bravo in Canada) and I really like it. From reading the previous posts I can tell that the first season finale is next week. Then I'll be Dirt deprived again so please tell me there's something to look forward to.
    I heard that the second season will begin March 2nd.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread